Chapter 1

Chapter 1

General

"How's everything baby girl?"

"Everything's fine po, Kuya Vice!" the little girl answered, with that cutie smile on her face, laying beneath the white sheets the hospital bed has.

"That's so nice!" Vice with a delighted feeling, "Wala bang masakit sa'yo?" he then asked the little girl, still with that cheeky grin in his face.

The little girl shook her head from left to right a few times, as an answer to Vice's question. Another smile then again, crept on Vice's lips.

"That's really a good news. You're really a great little soldier!" Vice said, playing with the little girl's hair, tucking some strand behind the girl's ear.

"Really? I am a great little soldier?" asked the little girl. Her brows raised and her eyes brawling in delight.

"Yes! You are a great little soldier, because you just showed me how strong and brave you are." Vice responded, then after that held the little girl's hand. Ang bata naman ay napatingin sa kamay ng binata, then back to his face.

"Just always remember these..." Vice again, while the little girl seems to be all ready to listen - remaining silent, "Always be happy. Always smile. Always laugh. Always make your heart happy. That will help you heal your heart. Okay?" the man reminded the little girl.

"I will." the little girl answered.

"Never ever make yourself sad, okay? Just always stay on the bright side baby, ah?" said Vice again, squeezing the girl's hand.

"I will, Kuya. I promise po." she answered wearing a very childish but cute smile on her face, making Vice smile, too.

The both of them heard the clicking of the door, making the both of them face where the sound was coming from. Kasunod naman inulawa ng pinto, ang ina ng bata.

"Well, your mom's already here. Always remember those things I told you." said Vice and stood up from his chair, pero bago niya pang lapitan ang ina ng bata ay ginulo niya muna ang buhok nito, making the little girl giggle.

"Rest first, and I'll talk to your mom." Vice before approaching the girl's mother, where the lady stood beside the door.

"Hi ma'am." Vice greeted the woman, smiling at her.

"Hello." the lady answered with her soft voice, "seems like you and Cassandra are having a fun time?" the lady with a smile on her face.

"Well, uhmm... Yes po. Your daughter is such a strong person, such an angel." Vice answered, looking back at Cassandra for once.

She turned to her little angel and smiled, "She is." the lady agreed.

"Uh... Anyway. Good thing the kid was not really asking about the operation. I can't even see worries and fears on her eyes, that I can say is good naman po." Vice stated, "Just don't let Cassandra be stressed, it will slow down her heart's healing or can even lead to some complications. Be sure rin po that she'll eat heart friendly foods, especially fruits and vegetables. Stay away po muna tayo sa mga oily and fats sa pagkain." Vice continued.

"And... So far wala naman pong complications akong nakikita and she has great improvements instead." Vice.

"Thank you so much, Doc." the lady thanked Vice with both of her hands clasped, beneath her chin, teary-eyed.

"You're daughter is just a great fighter. That's the real reason." Vice smiled, rubbing the lady's shoulders. "My nurse will just send you the prescriptions of medicines for the full recovery of your child." He smiled, "I need to go, Ma'am." paalam ng binata, smiling before twisting the door knob, at lumabas na ng kwarto.