Chpater 5

Chapter 5

September 07, 2089

General

The room was all painted white, a locker beside in the corner filled the place. Sitting infront his table, on his swivel chair, swiping through this holographic screen infront of him.

"Dr. Viceral, someone's here to see you." said the nurse peeking through the Vice's ward door.

Vice immediately closed the holographic screen, and now staring at the nurse weirdly.

"Oh? Uhm..." Vice was surprised because no one set an appointment with him the past day, and he is not expecting for a guest at this time. "S-Sino daw?" Vice then asked.

"The latter Dr. Geisler of the Cardio team, Doc." the nurse answered. Making Vice stand up from his seat, and his face filled with more surprise and confusion along.

"Ow." he said, "L-let him in. Let him in." and his voice a bit shaky and kinda stuttering. He just don't know, but in an instant... When he heard Geisler's name, he felt nervous.

"Yes, Doc." the nurse, and left Vice. The latter waited for a few seconds, until he heard the clicking sound of the door, opening and revealing a bearded man, a bit curly haired, his eyes black to brown under his eyeglasses. He was just wearing a red, blue and white checkered three-fourths, and brown kaki pants and a pair of rubber shoes on his feet.

"Good morning, Dr. Viceral." the man greeted with a smile on his face, slowly taking steps towards Vice. Na ngayon ay naglakad na rin patungo sa bisita, at agad itong sinalubong ng kamayan nang sila'y maglapit na.

"Good morning too Dr. Geisler." Vice greeted back, with full of politeness in his voice, even bowing before Baron took his hands from Vice breaking their shake hands.

Vice then stood next to his transparent glass table, holding the edge of it giving Baron an awkward smile. The latter then was just standing infront of him, examining the place until Vice tapped something on his table. Seconds after, two L shaped figure, slowly rose from the white tiled floor, turning into a white cosy chair, plastered infront of each other.

"Well, uhm... Sir, let's take a seat." said Vice, pointing at the chair just behind Baron, with another figure rising from the tiled floor, turning into a white table between the two chairs. The two then seated, on each chair, infront of each other.

"Uhmm... Sir? What is it you need, that you came here?" Vice asked the man infront of him, still busy roaming his visions around.

"Your place is clean, not that big yet nice to stay with, and nakakarelax ang setting." Baron said, out of what Vice had asked him, "Oh... What was your question by the way?" he asked Vice, which made Vice froze for some second.

"Well..." Vice cleared his throat before continuing, "I was asking you, Sir, of what brought you here to my ward. I-Is there anything you need, Sir?" Vice asked Baron again, now staring straight on him.

"Wala naman." Baron answered, smiling, making Vice a bit more confused, "I just really wanted to meet you." Barom continued, and now Vice's right brow raised in surprise.

"Y-You wanted t-to see me, Sir?" he was stuttering. He knows how high Baron was, even before the latter resigned, back when he was still starting as a cardiologist. And now, that man visited him, just because he wanted to see him, that's too much for him, though, "B-bakit naman po?" he continued.

"Well, ikaw na ang kilalang cardiologist sa halos buong syudad dito... just like me, before." Baron answered with a smirk on his face, sending his hands down the table between him and Vice. "You just replaced me."