Chapter 4

Chapter 4

General

September 06, 2017

"Good morning, Captain."

"Magandang umaga po Ma'am."

"Good morning, Ma'am!"

Iyon ang agad na sumalubong sa pandinig ni Karylle, on her way to her office. With both of her hands deep down her pockets, she would nod and smile at her workmates, and pass by them after, without even looking back.

The caramel colored marble beneath her steps, took her straight to her office. Slightly pushing the room's door, she then entered next. She went straight to the window and slid all the curtains to the side, sending the ray of lights from the sun above, lighting her whole office up. Kasunod ay ibinaba niya na ang bag niya sa swivel chair, katapat ng kaniyang lamesa. Piles of papers on her table, like it was stormed. Some are even lying on the floor. Some of the cabinets where even slightly opened, sending out some part of papers and folders. The lamp shade just standing beside it, was almost to fall, almost half of it's body in the air.

"Oh God." it was all Karylle can say and ran towards the lamp shade moving it away from it's end.

After that, she arranged all the folders and the papers on the cabinet beside it, and closed. She then picked the papers lying on the floor, crumpled them and thrown them straight the trash can on the corner of her office. Next she arranged the papers piled on top of her table, making their appearance a bit more eyes friendly. Next she reached for her bag and took her laptop out. But even before she actually opened her laptop, she heard three consecutive knocks on her door. Shifting her attention away from her laptop, slightly moving it away from her vision.

"Come in!" Karylle shouted, then the door slowly opened, with a beardy man peaking through.

"Yes, SPO2 Crawford?" asked Karylle, the man now walking towards her.

The man then lifted a white folder, and when Karylle's table was already at her reach, he dropped the folder infront of Karylle. Immediately, the latter reached for the folder and opened it, then a person's profile fed her eyes, fastly reading some words and details on the paper inside the folder.

"A witness of the Burgos murder case, Captain." said Crawford, as he put his right hand, holding his duty belt, the gun as his support.

"Kelan niyo 'to nakuha?" Karylle asked Billy, still reading and flipping some pages off. Reading the formal statements of the called "witness".

"The barangay Captain from where that man's from, called us at almost ten o'clock last night, giving us that man as the witness, wherein he claimed that he is a witness, though." Crawford stated, and pointed the folder Karylle's holding for once.

"Well, have you already filed a Protection Order for this man?" Karylle asked.

"We already did, Captain."

"Good." Karylle, "Be sure he is safe at all matter, and be sure he is a reliable witness." the lady continued.

"Well who knows, Captain? Let's just all hope that he is." said Billy shruggin his shoulder off, and his hands a bit thrown in the air.

"Yeah." Karylle answered, "Well, anyways thanks for this Billy Boy." kasunod ay nginitian niya ang binata, "Invite him here as early as possible dito sa precinct and I'll talk to him. Copy?"

"Copied." Crawford answered, "Well, I better be get going, Captain." paalam ng binata, leaving the lady with a salute.

"Yeah." she answered the man with a salute too, "Thank you for this." she thanked Crawford.