Speak Now, Part 11 (Jughead x Reader)

A/N: If you haven't had a chance to listen to the song this fic has been based off of ("Speak Now" by Taylor Swift), now is a good time lol

It was wedding day.

You woke up to being jarred around the truck as Jughead rounded a bend in the road. Sunlight was just barely peaking out over the trees, coloring the sky in a luminescent blue.

You stretched your neck, sore from leaning on Jughead for so long.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Jughead said, eyes on the road ahead of him.

"Did you sleep at all?" You asked. "It's nearly morning...."

Jughead smirked. "I'm a writer, (Y/N). Sleep to us is like a fine wine. Nice once in a while, but never daily, or to excess."

You chuckled. "But it's your wedding day."

Jughead frowned. "I know," he said quietly.

He continued driving the both of you back to his apartment, a thoughtful look on his face. Upon arriving, he unlocked the front door, letting you inside.

"Sleep with me?"Jughead asked, a sheepish grin on his face. "We have a couple of hours."

"What happened to sleep being like a fine wine?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What a better day for a fine wine than a wedding?" Jughead retorted.

You grinned at his wit, following him into the bedroom. Too tired to change, you both laid over the covers.

This time, he was the one to pull you in close, kissing your forehead before falling asleep.

After waking up, it was like a blur.

Jughead jumped into the shower to get ready, his tux hanging on the closet door. He left the door open so you could come and go as you wish.

You were curling your hair in the bathroom mirror when his head popped out from behind the curtain. "Care to join me?" He asked, waggling his eyebrows.

"Jughead," you scolded. "Save the dirty talk for your wife."

Jughead pouted, retreating to the shower.

You finished getting ready in formal hair and makeup, putting on the dress Veronica had lent to you a few days before. A simple knee length, plum dress, it was nice enough to be courteous of the occasion while not flashy enough to draw attention from the main event.

You were reading a book on the couch when Jughead rushed out of the bedroom, quickly tying his bow tie.

"Oh, wow," Jughead said, stumbling upon seeing you. "You look great."

You smiled, confused. "You've seen me in nicer dresses, Jughead. Remember prom?"

Jughead ran a hand through his hair, already in the process of disheveling his neatly-moussed hairstyle to his typical Jughead 'do. "I suppose you're right. I think now I just see you differently, I guess."