Speak Now, Part 12 (Jughead x Reader)

"If any of you has any reason why these two should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace

"If any of you has any reason why these two should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

It was as if you were standing on Blossom Peak again. Adrenaline coursing through your veins, heart racing, skin clammy. Every cell in your body was telling you danger. Every cell in your body was telling you to stop.

But then, you thought about how it felt to fly into the waters, Jughead's hand in yours. You thought about every moment you had spent with Jughead since you arrived in Riverdale. Every frustrating, hurtful, happy, loving, amazing moment.

Then, you jumped.

"Wait," you said, stumbling out from behind the corner.

Everyone turned towards you. You never felt that many eyes on you in your life. Alice Cooper stared daggers into your soul. Polly looked like you had just murdered a puppy in front of her. Jellybean hid a mischievous smile.

For someone who got terrible stage fright, you didn't feel very concerned about the audience members,

The only eyes you were afraid of... were Jughead's.

Hesitantly, you looked up to meet his gaze.

He didn't look horrified, like much of the crowd. That was a good sign. He looked... confused?

"I'm sorry?" The minister said. "The line is merely an outdated legal formality...."

"One second," Jughead said to the minister. He stepped away from the altar, carefully avoiding Betty's death-glare.

He stepped slowly towards you. The sound of his dress shoes on the floor echoed throughout the church. It was as if the wedding had frozen in time.

He leaned in, as intimate as a conversation can be when hundreds of people are eagerly listening. "(Y/N), what are you doing?"

You began to feel your resolve break. You didn't know what do next. It was like when you had taken a step off of the cliff, and had felt more fear than you had in your entire life--because it was too late to turn back.

You let the gravity of the situation take you.

"I-I'm not the kind of girl that should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion," you said with a nervous laugh. You took a deep breath, expression relaxing into one full of meaning. "But Jughead... you're not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl."

Jughead's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

You sighed. After all this time, he still didn't see it.

"I love you, Jughead!" You said, a little more loudly than you would have liked.

The audience gasped. However, Betty was shockingly silent. She looked like she was ready to march over there and rip the hair out of your pretty little head.