Introduction

Emperor Balsam Coriander, though descended from a very great line, was perhaps the greatest of the Coriander Dynasty yet, causing the Elven Empire to grow more powerful than it ever had been; he expanded his reign by making new alliances with the ...

Emperor Balsam Coriander, though descended from a very great line, was perhaps the greatest of the Coriander Dynasty yet, causing the Elven Empire to grow more powerful than it ever had been; he expanded his reign by making new alliances with the Demons, taking them on as knights and soldiers, harnessing their wrath, strengthening old alliances with the Goblins, solidifying relations with the Dragon-shifters by marrying his daughter to the son of a powerful Dragon lord, and expanding the Empire all the way to the Isles of the Sirens, showing what happened to those who defied his reign by taking all the Sirens as slaves, who could otherwise have posed a great threat to the security of the realm. 

Towards the end of his reign, there was an uprising among some of the Emperor's closest courtiers, and a plot upon his life. And involved in this plot, allegedly, were the parents of the Dragon-shifter that Princess Yarrow had wed. Despite urgings against it, all of the traitors were put to death, without mercy. There wasn't even proper trial.

But even so, very shortly after justice was ruthlessly administered, Emperor Balsam died anyway, of a mysterious illness that not even the most skilled Goblin mage could heal, leaving his 19 year old daughter, Princess Yarrow, to rule the Elven Empire as Regent until her brother comes of age. 

Yarrow seemed to show the sense that her father possessed in the beginning of his reign for forming alliances, for the first thing that she did was promise a marriage between her brother and one of the many daughters of the King of the Centaurs. But the Empire is uneasy; tensions between the Dragon-shifters and the Goblins are growing, after the Goblins's encouragement of the executions; Centaurs are proud, Demons unpredictable, and even the captive Sirens are growing bolder. Yet even with all the turmoil, there's another question... will Yarrow be willing to give all this up when the time comes? That is, if there's anything left.

So I know that this is kind of a lot to keep track of, which is why I'm going to be making this a limited role-play... which means that I'll publish a list of roles that we need, and their names (to make genealogy easier). However, you will be coming up with their personalities, their motives, and their place in all this intrigue...

ALSO THIS DOESNT MEAN I'VE ABANDONED ANY OF MY OTHER RPS. WE'LL BE STARTING THOSE WITHIN A COUPLE DAYS, I'VE JUST BEEN REALLY SICK. BUT THIS ONE CAME FROM A DREAM I HAD LAST NIGHT AND I HAD TO WRITE IT BEFORE IT WAS GONE.