Roles and Lore

I will probably be adding more information as I think of it- this is a work in progress! If all of these roles are somehow miraculously filled, then I will be adding more as necessary.

Elves

Distinctive Traits

Distinctive Traits

The elves are physically distinguishable by their tall frames, and slender, delicate features. Their ears are always pointed, and their hair can be a number of any warm or natural colours: blonde, gold, red, brown, or green, usually, and it changes colour with the seasons.

Elves are also known for being high-minded and intellectual, great artists and strategists . Their light bones also make them very nimble and swift, perfect for athletic activities, though not well suited for any really heavy work as they can be prone to physical frailty if they're not careful.

Background

The Elves have been one of the most powerful races for almost a thousand years, and the House of Coriander has been the ruling family going on four generations now, and were the ones that expanded the Elven Kingdom into the Elven Empire, with their elite cavalry and superb mastery of strategy and stealth.

Alliances were made early in the dynasty with the Goblins and the Werecats, taking them under the protection and reign of the Emperor. The empire continued to grow. Emperor Hemlock Coriander, the father of Emperor Balsam, was a great conqueror. When the Angels refused to surrender to him, he made an example of them, by wiping out the entire race. After that, he was able to easily make a treaty with and subdue the Dragon-shifters. Emperor Hemlock was killed in a jousting tournament.

After him, Emperor Balsam made a deal with the Demons, incorporating them into his army, making them practically unstoppable. Because of the ideal strategic positioning of the Isles of the Sirens, Balsam offered a treaty to them, offering them power and protection if they'd swear fealty to the Elven Empire. The Sirens refused; with no proper army, they were easily defeated, and all were enslaved.

The Empress Meadowsweet died in childbirth with Prince Linden. Princess Yarrow married Lord Copper Braveblood at the age of 16. When she assumed the position of Princess Regent after her father died, she did not elevate her husband to a ruling position.

An Elven family always faithful to the House of Coriander has been the House of Larkspur. Sir Amaranth Larkspur served Emperor Balsam well, and was regarded as a hero, fighting in many battles, until he was finally killed quelling a small Siren rebellion, when his son was two and his daughter eight. His wife, the Lady Clover Larkspur, had long been the Empress's lady-in-waiting, but after the death of her husband the grief was too much for her, and she retired to a small house in the woods, far from the court. Her daughter Wisteria grew up with the Princess, receiving the same education, and became her lady-in-waiting at the age of 12, and Tarragon grew up as a page, becoming an esquire to Prince Linden at the age of 14.