chapter 4

<not edited>

Hey guys, it’s me again…I updated the story as fast as I could. Thank you guys for reading my story and please vote, fan and comment if you like it…: D…love you GUYS

……………………………………………………………………………………..

 CHAPTER 4

  I didn’t get to go to work on weekends. I had worked at the office for three days and I had to admit. It wasn’t boring.

  Most people at the office were really nice and friendly, and had great senses of humor.

 And as much as I hate to say this, chase was one of them. Working for him had been quite fun. But that didn’t change the fact that he was a jerk.

 I had been jogging in the park and I exhaled deeply as I sat down. It’s quite nice to be able to have some quiet times on your own.

 I had been sitting for just for just twenty minutes when my phone rang. Argh! Who’s disturbing my peace and quiet? I didn’t recognize the caller ID. ‘hey’ I said into the receiver. ‘Umm …aggressive-’ why wasn’t I surprised it was him. ‘-I think it’s best you come to the office now’, ‘It’s my day off, I don’t have to work’ I told him, ‘well neither does everybody else. But right now, you are in a bit of a mess, and I naturally don’t care, but you being in a mess, puts me in the mess as well’, Argh! So much for peace and quiet.

 I hung up and practically ran home and took a shower. I packed my hair in a loose ponytail and wore jeans and a shirt. It wasn’t exactly ‘work’ now, was it?

    I was at the office in less than ten minutes. I ran into my office and stopped. I was breathing fast, I tried to comport myself and opened the door to chase’s office.

I stopped.

  He was leaning on the table with one hand and opening pages of a document with the other, his hair fell forward and his eyebrows were coming together. For the first time since I met him he was looking serious.

I felt a flutter in my chest. I suddenly didn’t want him to move.  It was like a perfect picture. I shook my head. I’m being very……I don’t what I’m being but it wasn’t normal.

 He looked up and caught my eye. The seriousness vanished. ‘you done checking me out?’ I put on a poker face, ‘why exactly did you call me here?’ I asked him and he smiled.

 ‘well I received a call this morning and it was Mrs. Cane and she apologized for not being able to make it to the meeting yesterday and she asked if I could come to the office by three in order for us to look through the work I had done on the files.

  Since I neither knew about any appointment nor any file I carefully asked her what files she was referring to and she said it was the ones she sent through Derek on Wednesday.

 I figured Derek must have come to give you the files before you two started flirting and you ended up not handing it over to me.

 So now my question is, where are the files?’

 I didn’t understand what files he was talking about at first then it hit me. Derek had actually  handed over the files to me. I had totally forgot.

   I hurried into my office and searched the desk. Found It! I got back into his office and handed them over to him. ‘I totally forgot’.

He took the files and flipped through the pages for a while, ‘There’s no possible way I’m going to be done with these by three’. I nodded, ‘Okay then, I’ll be on my way now. See you on Monday’ and I turned to leave.