chapter 1

'Just walk down there and take a left turn. you'll surely find what you are searching for'. I smiled and thanked the counter lady. I needed to buy a new suit I could use for the interview I had the next day. it was at GLAMZ, one of the biggest companies in new York.

  I finally got to the suit section , I wanted something white. White always looks sophisticated. At least most of the time.

 I was scanning through the suit section, the suits were all very classy and nice, but not exactly what I had in mind. Everything there were trouser suits and I wanted a small skirt one.

  I walked back to the counter lady and specified what I wanted to her. She was redirecting me when I heard someone say something about a wedding and it got me thinking about Noelle's wedding to Jake.

  It was a month ago and I had been there. I wanted to proof that I was neither hurt nor affected by their actions. That I was strong. At first memories of the wedding filled me with sadness but now it just got me angry and irritated. 

  I turned to leave when I collided with a guy, 'Would you watch where you're going?' I practically yelled at him. He looked at me and laughed, 'I was standing here, you're the one who bumped into me'. I was enraged! the dude obviously had no idea how angry I was. and he was laughing! it must have had been fun for him but it sure wasn't for me. 'screw you' I told him and walked away toward the right department.

  I liked what I saw, I was scanning through when I noticed a particular white suit. it was lovely!. it was white with gold buttons and it was gold lined. I walked over to the part where it was and stretched my hand to get it when another hand grabbed it from the other side. I defensively grabbed it too, 'Hey! I was about to get that' then I separated the clothes to see who the person at the other end was and I discovered... it was him.

  I felt an explosion in my head, 'Are you stalking me or did anybody send you here to ruin my day?', he looked at me and did a little laugh 'seems to me that your day was ruined long before we met. I mean it's either that or you're a really aggressive lady', I parted my lips to snap back when I discovered I didn't really know what to say.

  I took a deep breath and said, 'I would really like to stay and have a chitchat with you but if you don't mind, I need this outfit'. He laughed again, 'well I need it too' argh! 'haven't you ever heard of ladies first?' 'haven't you ever heard ladies are meant to be the calmer gender'. At this point I was very enraged. I tried yanking the suit away from him but he didn't budge. He just kept holding it and smiling. He looked very amused and I felt like a star performer in an animal show.

  It was already too late to stop, so  I kept tugging and trying to get the suit off his hand. But he still didn't budge. Then an attendant came over, 'ma'am, sir, the suit is made of delicate fabric and will rip if you continue doing this'. I turned to him, 'but I saw it first', he looked rather worried. 'We are having new deliveries of this suit a day after tomorrow. You can just leave your cards and we'll have it delivered to you as soon as it arrives', 'I need it tomorrow' I told him and he turned pleadingly to the other guy. He smiled and shook his head, 'actually, I don't need it till next week' and he let go of the suit.

 I felt victorious and pretty stupid at he same time. That was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. The guy gave the attendant his card and I turned over the tag to see the price and my heart stopped. Like flat out.

 I think my face must have mirrored my expressions because just then the guy laughed and turned to the attendant, 'I don't think that'll be necessary anymore. Aggressive here doesn't seem like she'll be taking it after all'. That got to me, I had a pride to protect but getting this outfit will practically leave me bankrupt and I didn't even have a job yet.'