Chapter 8: Big Fun

"Alright, I think that's the last of it."

            Mark spoke out to Luke, who was in another room, decorating the house with colorful streamers. He placed down a package of red solo cups next to numerous amounts of beer on the dining table.

            Luke ran in, having the same joy in his eyes as a child on Christmas morning would. "Dude, you have to check out the strobe lights that we got. They look awesome!" He pulled on his friend's arm and forcefully walked him over to the other room.

            The pair looked up to the ceilings to see multiple amounts of lights hanging from above. "Watch this." The demon held up a remote to the lights and pressed a button.

            The lights flashed bright neon colors directly into the two teenager's eyes. Mark shut his eyes tight, trying to avoid hurting his vision. Even so, it was too late, he was already getting a migraine from all the pulsing lights. Luke, on the other hand, was loving the rainbow of colors that was projecting onto the walls of the room.

            "I still wish we could've gotten the fog machine."

            "Just be grateful that I let you use my credit card to buy this overpriced junk." The dirty blonde grabbed the remote out of the other's hand, turning off the lights. "You still need to pay me back for all of this." His eyebrows scrunched together, his eyes glaring at Luke.

            Luke scoffed, "Sure, Mark. Whatever you say." He exited, heading back into the living room.

            "I'm serious, Luke! Don't walk away from me, I'm trying to talk to you!" Mark stormed off, following the taller teenager.

            The two continued to bicker while a wall clock chimed, announcing that the time was 10 PM. Luke's phone buzzed in his pocket, when he took it out, he noticed all the text messages he received from the major cliques that said that they were on their way.

            Mark looked at his friend's phone, he was surprised to see how many people were coming. The text messages seemed endless, he couldn't believe that Luke got almost every student's phone number in such a short time.

            "Um, Luke...How many people did you invite?"

            "Not that many. Just the people in the cliques I told you about......And maybe a few more."

            "Lucifer, how many?"

            Luke paused, looking at Mark with the most innocent face he could pull off.

            "200 people."

            Mark was overwhelmed with emotions. He wasn't sure what do to first, yell at Luke or have a panic attack. I knew that his house was too small even if he had a backyard with a pool in it. Also, he had never been in a place with 200 people before. His anxiety levels started to soar through the roof. All that could come out of his mouth were mumbles of curse words and fear.