Chapter 2: Warm Welcome

There was a firm knock on the car window, Mark glanced over and saw a tall teenager with curly black hair with dyed brown tips and dark brown skin

There was a firm knock on the car window, Mark glanced over and saw a tall teenager with curly black hair with dyed brown tips and dark brown skin. "Tyson!" Mark exclaims, getting out of the car to hug his friend.

 "Long time no see!" Tyson's smile beams with happiness, "You're still coming to auditions, right? You're the new stage manager after all." The taller teenager playfully punches the other's arm.

 "Of course, I don't want to let anyone down." The two of them stroll into the school's main building.

Rows of lockers are set up on both of the walls to their left and right. The hallway is considerably packed with returning and new students of all ages. The two friends were both given a piece of paper saying where their lockers by a cheery teacher's assistant when they entered. 

"Mine's 250, what about yours?" Tyson asked while examined the hallway for his locker. 

"I have 134." The dirty blonde did the same, searching for his locker. After a few moments, he saw the number '134' on a locker's number plate at the end of the hall. 

"Oh, here it is." He walks over to the locker with Tyson in tow. His friend tells, "Is it alright if I go find my locker, Mark?". Mark nods as his response, too busy with trying to open his locker.

 "Cool, I'll see you later, man." The black teen waved goodbye as he disappeared into the sea of students.

After multiple attempts, Mark finally opened up his locker. Behind him, he painfully felt a ball hit his head. His glasses fell off and as he reached down to get it, a foot smashed it to thousands of tiny pieces. Even though, his vision was blurred, he looked up and knew the person who broke them. It was John Murphy, captain of the soccer team and everyone treated him like gold. Most people, like Mark, feared John because of how cruel and nasty he was. He was the shortest on the team but was the bulkiest and strongest out of all of them. Behind John was his crew of teammates that followed his each and every word. They all laughed as John broke Mark's glasses.

"Those were my glasses." Mark got up and weakly told the group of athletes.

"Oh no! My glasses! I can't see without my glasses!" John mocked him using a high pitch voice that caused his friends to laugh even harder.

"You're such a dick." He whispered through his teeth but then John grabbed his shirt and put him up against the locker door. The short teenager got in the other's face and yelled, "What did you say, fucker?".

Mark took a deep breath, "I regret this already.", and exhales.

"You're a dick."

John punches Mark and throws him on the ground to stomp on him. "Take that, you fucking theatre geek!". A few of his friends join in while others laugh and take out their phones to record what was happening.

 The morning bell rings throughout the hallway and a voice comes on through the intercom. "Welcome to Granite Hills High School! We hope you have a successful and fun school year. Please head off to your first period class."

John stops and looks over to his clique, "Let's go, boys." The group walked away to another part of the school. As they walked, John turned away and screamed to Mark, "After school, you're a dead man!" He crossed his hand over his neck to taunt Mark.

He stands up slowly and swipes the blood out from his nose, "It's going be a long day today."