Chapter 3 Trying to Find a Good Time

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO ALAN BALL AND Charlaine Harris

***************************************************

*********Nikita's P.O.V********

It did not take long for us to settle back into our old house we spent the first few days making sure everything was settled and was set up to our liking I noticed that Eric or whoever must have changed the interior quite a bit from its original design the beautiful wallpaper I had specifically choose was taken down and replaced with empty off white walls and the once beautiful hardwood floors had been covered with carpet. Everything about the house was changed to be more modern. I don't like it not one bit as soon as I get the chance I'm doing major redecorating but I need to get permission to do so. Just as I was reading the final page of my novel. Sam came strutting in dressed nicely.

"Hey, the kids and I are about to go out and explore a little and see how the place has changed. You wanna join?" He asked.

"Sure!" I replied, "I was just on the last page of my book anyways give me 20 minutes and I'll be on my way down."

I closed the novel, went to my room, and got changed. I put on a pair of ripped up blue jeans, a black tank top, and boots. I made my way downstairs where I saw Sam and my kids waiting patiently in the foyer. We all got in the car and took off and made our way to Bon Temps the nearest town. I remember this town was nothing more than a few houses, farmland, a small general store, and an apothecary and... It still looks pretty much the same except for a few new businesses. The one we decided to stop at was called Merlotte's Bar & Grill. We made our way inside it looked like just your average small-town restaurant filled with locals mainly rednecks. A hostess comes up and escorts us to a table. A little blonde waitress comes over to take our orders and got the boys' full attention. She seemed really nice and accepting when my brother and children placed their orders which were True Bloods which I'm surprised such a small town bar had such a thing. I just ordered a steak with fries and a beer, I planned to drink more at the bar and maybe try to get lucky with the bartender. We talked amongst ourselves and I found out the reason why she got so much attention apparently she smells sweet like sunshine. They say she smells like a fairy which is a treasure now in days. I wonder if she even knows what she is or if she is just dumb. She sure doesn't act like it not paying any caution to known vampires and judging from the marks even likes to get down and dirty with them. She really must have really had a death wish. I wonder if she's reading my thoughts or not with that mental note I threw up my mental walls. The waitress came back over with a surprised but determined look. She set down our food and turned to me.

"You know I can hear thoughts?" She asked me surprised.

"Maybe I do maybe I don't sweetie. Why do you want to know?" I responded eating a piece of my steak.

"Because no one ever knows that I can unless I tell them. What am I?" She demanded an answer

I peered at her name tag "To answer your question Sunshine I do know you can read thoughts it is not the first time I encountered your kind. I'm a lot older than what I appear to be."

"My kind what do you mean my kind and it's Sookie?"

"Well, Sookie as you probably figured out you aren't normal and I'll tell ya that you're not and you're more powerful than what ya think but I won't tell you what you are that's for you to find out on your own. I'm sorry." I told her and apologized earnestly. I could tell she was not pleased with my answer but accepted it and walked away. I finished my meal and beer in a short while and made my way to the bar. I sat down and ordered a Jack and Coke and made light conversation with the bartender Tara who seems nice enough though definitelyhas an attitudeabout her. Before I could grab the attention of the cute bartender when I watched as a blond-haired boy got up from his group of friends and sat down next to me and offered to buy me a drink. He was really easy on the eyes more so than the bartender. I started flirting with him and found out his name is Jason. He didn't seem to be that bright but I have found that the dumbest ones are the best in bed. With that note, I started to be more forward with my advances and he seemed to be welcoming them. Sigrid came to sit beside me and managed to get the older man whose name was Sam from what I could make out from the conversation. In the time I was flirting I managed to get three or four more drinks down and made the decision to go home with him. I waved to Sigrid and the others as I got up to leave the last person I wanted to see entered the bar. Eric came strutting in with the blonde headed vampire I saw at the entrance following behind and a brown headed vampire next to her. The bar turned quiet with only the sound of the music, everyone's attention was upon the three who just walked in. The brown haired vampire asked to speak with Sam and Sookie. They made there way to what I assume is the backoffice I noticed that Eric started passing out flyers advertising his bar and that's when I tried to leave with Jason before he noticed I was here. I was just about out the door when I could feel him behind me.

"How are you doing this evening Ms. Sarah?" He asked me.

"Sarah? I thought your name was Niki-." I quickly silenced Jason before he could give out my real name.

I turn to face him hoping he doesn't reconzie me I make sure my eyecolor has shifted as to at least disguise one part of my feature "Well hey there Mr. Northman I'm doing good how about yourself?"

"I'm doing well but things could be better...Niki." He said with his eyebrow raised.

"I don't like giving out my real name to one night stands." I whispered under my breath quiet enough for Jason not to hear but loud enough for Eric hoping that he would believe my excuse.

Well it was nice seeing you Ms...Niki but I must take my leave." He told me as I watched Bill come up to him and demand to speak to Sookie. On that note I left the bar with Jason in tow ready to get my night started.

******Erik's P.O.V.*******

I was sitting in the booth with Alexander while mom and Sigie where up at the bar flirting up a storm trying to get lucky. We where both drinking our nasty True Bloods scanning the bar for our good time and something more tasty. We saw that our landlord Mr. Northman finally left.

"Hey you know who was good looking and sweet that lady politician God what was her name Samantha, Sue, Sabrina?" I said trying to remember her name.

"I believe it was something like Sandra Goodwin. She was pretty hot and that blood of hers was something else I'll tell you what I swear she was part fae." Alexander replied.

"She was also a pretty good lay definitely not as innocent as she portrayed herself on TV and she was a major hypocirtic saying "Vampires are horrible and abominations" "Fangbangers are disgusting and misguided." When she herself loved getting dicked down by them even two at the same time. It sucks we killed her at the rally it might have been nice to glamour her and keep her around. You know we haven't talked about the incident since mom ripped us for it. What do you think about it? I personally think we did the right thing they all deserved it."

"I agree with you there it sucks though that we had to take a few vamps out with them. I mean I don't really like other vampires but it is against the stupid rules of the vampires and could have got us into deep shit especially if mama didn't clean up after us." I replied taking another sip of True Blood. Just then I spotted a pretty little thing across the bar and so did Alexander we knodded to each other and made our way over and started flirting and made quick work of the seduction. We where walking outside the bar our hands on the back of the girl guiding her to the car. Just as we reached the car a searing pain went through me and I heard Alexander shout in pain. Before I knew it we where both subdued and being taken somewhere.

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter I had writer's block. I hope this chapter is okay thank you for staying with me this long again I'm so sorry.