Chapter 1

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEE-

I swing my arm around my bed side table, knocking down an empty cup and slamming my hand on the snooze button of my alarm. I breath out, and glance at the time on my phone. It's a Nokia phone, as my parents won't let me upgrade to the blackberry slide/touch phones that everybody seems to be getting. 7:00am. I groan and hide myself under my covers, burying my head under the warm cozy blanke-

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. "BLOODY HELL, JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!" I yell at the alarm clock, although I know it's pointless. It can't hear but my parents can.

"Delilah honey, what's wrong in there?" My dad yells through the hall, trying to contain the anger in his voice. "Nothing dad! Just my alarm clock!" I quickly reply, dragging myself out of bed and over to my cupboard. I open the freshly painted door, revealing my dirty mirror and uniform. I stare at the sight in the mirror. The girl looking back at me has dark hair, in a messy bun, tied up with an old navy scrunchie. A few freckles are trickled over her nose like raindrops on a clean window. Her bright blue eyes stare back at me and I blink. So does the girl in the mirror. She is tall, dressed in an old top the goes down to her knees, showing off the rest of her tanned legs.

Who am I kidding? Obviously the girl is me, but sometimes I just like to imagine seeing myself from somebody else's point of view. Clearly it didn't do anything except waste time, because now my clock reads 7:15am. Damn it! Only 10 minutes to get to my bus stop! I quickly pull on my uniform, re do my hair into a messy ponytail. Not bothering to cake on any make up, I grab my bag and some money to buy lunch and sit down to tie up my stupid shoes. Then I race out the door yelling a quick bye to my 8 year old sister Charlotte and my parents, and race down the street to my bus stop.

5 Minutes later I was on the bus, checking over what was in my bag for todays subjects. Spanish, History, Art, Maths, Science and English. Not a great day but when you were 16, everyday felt the same. I hopped off the bus along with everybody else and sighed as I walked past the sign that seemed to rule my life at the moment. Central Sydney High for boys and girls. CSH for short.

****

"This pork is great honey, how did you get it so perfect Kate?" I watch as my father compliments my mum on her cooking. I have to say it was amazing to come home from a normal day at school today and receive this cooking but Charlotte and I are used to it as we are home every night however, my dad is usually working. Tonight he was home and conversation was tense and forced, like my parents wished Charlotte and I would disappear.

"Thanks Paul. The secret is to cook it for slightly longer than the recipe says and then it is a tiny bit crisp, perfect for the taste buds!" My dad smiles. Charlotte, being the 8 year old that she is, says "Daddy, mummy always cooks like this, you just never notice coz you're always at work!" I kick Charlotte under the table, hoping she would shut up but instead it makes it worse. "Delilah kicked me owwwwww!!!" She exclaimed, exaggerating as usual. However, instead of my parents yelling at me, they just looked at each other and nodded. I wondered what the hell was going on!

"Girls, we have something we would like to tell you." My dad sighed as my mum looked at us, trying to read our emotions. "No shit Sherlock!" I exclaimed, quickly covering a hand to my mouth. "DELILAH WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!" My mother scolded, signalling to dad to cut to the chase.

"Girls. We are moving to Ireland."

Hello! So yeah, this is my Niall Horan Fanfiction called Hey there Delilah and i really hope you enjoy it. Just to let you know, this story is set in October 2010 (yes, the same time Niall goes off to x factor) and throughout the story, times will change so look out for that.

Updates will be on a Monday night (New Zealand time) and my Authors Notes will be at the end of each chapter. Give this story a vote/comment/reccomendation and i will love you forever. 

-emily xxxxx