Chapter 1: A Life of Hardships

Marco Diaz was an ordinary boy, a high-school student at Echo Creek High. But it wasn't a world full of rainbows and cupcakes in his life. No, it was the complete opposite.

A day would not pass by, without him being bullied at school. Being called names, pushed into lockers, having his homework stolen, the work of young tyrants. The teachers would not do anything to prevent this, they saw it rather as something, entertaining. Despite this suffering, he would still hold on to the hope that he would find something new in his life, in a positive way.

The only place where he could retreat in safety was his home. The place where he would take refuge against the torment of the outside world. Where people would actually love him and care for him, where every time he would come home from hell, he would be greeted by the warm love of his loving parents. But they were oblivious to the fact, that outside, he was living a life of agony. He would rather keep his suffering a secret, rather than spill the beans along with his pride with it.

Today, was another day. The latino would think this as "another day at work", a usual day in the inferno. To be played upon by his vicious schoolmates, same old same old. But no, it wasn't another day in hell. It was something that would open the road to the place where he would find what he was always trying to find, a new life. An opportunity that would change his life forever.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Ohhh, i'm up, i'm up" he said, trying to reach for the alarm clock and shutting it off. He saw it was six in the morning, and sat on his bed and rubbed his eyes. "Man, another day, another scar" he whispered to himself, meditating upon the horrible events in his life. After five minutes of thinking, he stood up, and got ready for another day.

After cleaning himself up, and wearing his usual hoodie, he went downstairs to eat breakfast, and to see his Mother cooking food, while his Father was reading the daily newspaper in the table. "Morning mom, morning dad" he said while dragging his bad downstairs and sat on a chair. "Morning Mijo" they both said in unison, smiling at him, which seemed to comfort Marco from the stress of another day in school. 

He finished eating, put his plate on the sink, grabbed his bag, and went straight to the door. "You're in a hurry, why is that?" His mother asked as she was cleaning up on the kitchen. "Well, its nothing, i just want to go out early, that's all" he simply said. "Alright son, you be careful now" his father said, looking at him while he was drinking his coffee. "Alright, i'm heading out now, bye you guys" he said as he walked out. "Bye Marco" his parents said before he closed the door, and went to school.

Upon reaching the vicinity of the building, he stopped near the entrance, took a deep breath, and headed into the pits of damnation. As long as he went inside, he knew he wasn't safe, like usual. People were staring at him in an evil fashion, others giving him an annoyed glare, others would bump into him on purpose, and pretending as if it was an accident. But through all that, he reached the classroom, and let out a sigh. Days for him, were never new. He would always go through that, endless, tormenting cycle. But still, he was holding his head up high, hoping for salvation, every second he spent in that prison.

________________________________________________________________________________

As the school bells rang, and the other students were leaving the classroom, it was the end of the day. But Marco still sat there for a couple of minutes, silently celebrating another day that he had gone through without any serious harm done to him. But life wasn't quite done with him, not just yet. As he was leaving the premises of the school, he was pushed to a locker by his bullies. "Leaving so soon, squirt?" the kid was towering over him along with his accomplices. "C'mon Chad, what do you want? What will you lose, when you don't hurt me for at least one day?" the latino simply said. "Well, where's the fun in that?" Chad said as he kicked his victim once more. And at that very moment, Marco realized, enough was enough.

 As the bully was about to land a fist onto his face, the latino held it hard. To Chad's surprise, it was somewhat painful. "I'm gonna tell you guys something..." he simply said, with an evil smirk in his face, as his bully was struggling to break free from Marco's firm grasp. "Oh yeah, huh, what's that?" he simply said as the tyrant received a punch to the face, sending him flying to the side. The others were just looking onto him somewhat scared, not facing the fact that they were about to face a brutal beat down from the most unexpected person ever. "Never mess, with a martial artist" he said, cracking his knuckles, grinning onto the tyrants evilly. 

"Oh y-yeah? H-huh, it's just a good-for-nothing title. One of you and lots of us? You think y-you can win?" his bully said nervously, until realizing the fact that it was the biggest mistake he ever did. "Well, why don't we find out?" Marco said as he lunged to one of the thugs, kicking him on the face, knocking him on the ground  without even giving him a chance to fight back. The other two backed up upon witnessing this. The other one charged onto the latino with a fist, but his efforts were futile. Marco had grabbed onto the arm, elbowing the middle part making the thug yelp in pain. It was then followed with a kick to the stomach, a punch to the face, and slammed onto the lockers, knocking him unconscious. Marco then looked onto the last one and said, "you were saying?". The bully, who was out of options, ran onto Marco, in an effort to push him down and escape. But it was a bad decision.

Marco stepped to the side while he sets out his foot to the opposite side, tripping the unfortunate ruffian. As the bully was on his back, struggling to get up, he was pinned to the ground by Marco's foot, and held the "tough guy" in the head. "Please i'm s-sorry, j-just let me go!" the thug was begging for mercy, even though, it was useless. "Seriously? What i'm about to do to you, is nothing to what you've done to me all those years". "P-please n-no..." he begged one last time. "No" was all the latino said, as he repeatedly punched the ruffian in the face, and stopped once bloob was evident on his hands. 

Marco glared onto the thugs, laying on the ground."Pathetic" was all he said before he walked out of the school, while the other spectators where watching  him in fear and awe.