Part 5

“Hmm…a girl? Or a boy?” my forehead creased while wondering what my child is gonna be like. Half of my body is lying on the bed while my back leans on the head board. In my hand is a plate of 2 slices of cheesecake Kyungsoo just brought. My tummy is already very big coz I’m already 7 months pregnant and they say it can already be determined whether the child was a girl or a boy. WE haven’t gone to for a check-up so I’m left here guessing.

He hops in the bed beside me and I can feel his looking at me so lovingly.

“Well, as long as he or she came from you, I don’t mind.” And he moves nearer beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

I was chewing and feeling the goodness of cheesecake in my mouth and come up with an idea.

“Kyungie..taste this.” I slice a small piece of the cake and pierced it with the fork offering it to him.

Without any complain he took the cake and I watch his reaction.

He smiled.. “It’s good.”

“I think I can make something like this…” I look at the cake enthusiastically imagining myself creating a cake with the same taste.

Kyungsoo turned to me quickly and looked at me with eyes saying ‘Oh no you don’t plan to do that’. But I only smirk at him.. “Yep..I’m planning to do it.”

“But Giyeong...let me remind you….you’ve never stayed in the kitchen for more than 10 minutes. And it takes more than that to create a cheesecake.”

I pouted. It seems he doesn’t trust my ability.

“What if I did it? What will you do? Huh?” I challenge him...

He just sighed. “If you want it so bad, let me do it instead.”

“But…you’re always too tired to do things around! You don’t let me do anything while you look very much exhausted from work..and household chores. Kyung..I’m pregnant, not disabled.” It’s true. I always look at him with guilt since I never do much around but complain, demand, eat, sleep, and eat….and eat. I didn’t even see myself wash the dishes. He always gets to the sink first whenever I attempt to.

“Giyeong, you might not realize this but aside from all house chores, I think you have much bigger work to prepare for. You should be busy preparing yourself on giving birth in two months time.”

Suddenly, I felt a scary feeling inside me.. “Was it….hard to….give birth?”

He looks at me and he softened after seeing my scared expression. He rested my head on his narrow yet strong shoulder then he left his hand caressing my arms for comfort.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be beside you all the time.”