Prologue

It was autumn. What a good day to spend outside the house. The falling leaves of red, orange and yellow made a more calming ambience than I thought. I was seating in a bench here in the park surrounded with many trees that shows that autumn is such a beautiful season. I was watching the two important people of my life. They were walking hand–in-hand talking. Kyungsoo leans down to that sweet little child his holding-hands with and looking at the direction that he was pointing.

“Appa…why are the leaves falling?”

I saw Kyungsoo smiled as he answers the innocent question of his son. “Because it’s autumn Youngsoo. The leaves will really fall.”

“But..why?” the innocent one blinks at his dad and waits eagerly for an answer.

I smiled as I watch the two of them converse together. It’s this kind of scene that always makes my heart flutter and jump with happiness. Seeing the two of them so close together, having these sweet father-and-child scenes of them, I can only cry out of happiness.

After so many hardships, after so many sufferings, I thought…we came to this. And all I can do now is be happy. We’ve gone through a lot. A lot of mistakes were made, a lot of wrong decisions. But even after all of it, I still ended up having this happy ending.

“Eomma!!!” I was brought back from my thought when Youngsoo suddenly ran towards me with his open arms ready to cling to me. I smiled and meet him then lift him in my arms. Kyungsoo came smiling at me, he had this same admiration in his eyes just as I have when I was watching the two of them.

“Omo, is our Youngie tired now?” I cooed.

“Aniyo, appa said something to me.” I looked at Kyungsoo curiously but he just smiled at me.

“What did appa tell you?”

He leans in my ear and whispered.. “Appa said he loves you so much and that he loves you with his whole life.”

I blushed. I never expected he would say something like that because they were too indulged about discovering the little things of the world a while ago. I turned to Kyungsoo and he just walked toward us still smiling so sweetly.

“Youngsoo-ah, did you tell your eomma about it?”

He nodded enthusiastically.

“I said it was our secret.” He said pinching the cheeks of the giggling child in my arms.

Youngsoo hid his face on my shoulder and continued to giggle by his father’s tickles.

Then Kyungsoo turned to me then said.. “Saranghae, you know that right?”

“How can’t I? You always seem to show me.” We both smiled and he leaned to me for a kiss.

But then we forgot it’s not the only two of us here..

“AH!!!” we both laughed when we saw Youngsoo’s face covered with his hands.

“Come here little fella.” Kyungsoo caught the covering innocent child and took him in his arms. “Let’s just go home and eat spaghetti, how about that?”

“Yehey!! Appa’s spaghetti is daebak!!” he cheered as I admire my cute little son whom I was so lucky to have.

“Okay, kaja!” Kyungsoo’s free hand caught mine and we both walked hand-in-hand together as we took the rode home.

Hand-in-hand…

Like we always do before..

Together…

Like we always do as we face all the challenges..

Though before I never thought…

That the best friend I always had from the start..

That the guy I always walk with through those difficulties..

The guy who only know how to take care of me..

Will be the guy forever holding…not only my hand…but also my heart.