Part 7

“Yeongsoo is already sleeping. He was looking for you but I managed to make him sleep. Do you want something to eat?”

But instead of saying something, I answered him with a slap.

*SLAP*

“How can you do this to me Kyungsoo? All those time, you made me look like a fool!! How Kyungsoo???!! Why??!” and my tears were already falling and he faced me with confused and shocked expression. “What’s the meaning of this??” and I was showing him the paper I was holding that already had crumpled side because of my frustrated grip. “Why is there a DNA test saying you and Yeongsoo matched??? What is this??? Am I some kind of a joke to you?? Why did you do this to me???”

And he was silently watching me cry and sob in front of him. He wasn’t defending his self….does that mean…..

“Of all the people Kyungsoo……Of all the people!!!!!” this time my voice cracked.. “You’re the person I least expect to lie to me…But…how? How can you do this to me?? You should’ve told me!! I should’ve accepted it! All those time I believe..I believe I made a mistake…a very big mistake! You made me believe that for all those time!!!!! I hate you!!” and I just throw the paper at him and ran to my room, locked the door and cried sliding down to the door.

I can’t believe this!! I can’t believe Kyungsoo did this to me. I was believing a lie all along. I was suffering! I was hurt that time! Why didn’t he just tell me??

Kyungsoo…..

..why??

“Giyeong-ah..” his voice outside the door.. “I’m sorry, Giyeong-ah…please…please let me explain.” And his voice cracked…and I can feel him crying too. “Giyeong-ah……please???”

But I covered my ears while I was plopped down here.

I hate you Do Kyungsoo….

I hate you.

*

The door opened sooner than I expected.

“Omo! Yah! What are you doing here?? It’s cold there! Come inside! Come inside!” My mom took the bag I was carrying and I went inside the house with Yeongsoo in my arms. She closed the door behind me. “Aigoo! You should’ve send me a notice that you were coming! Where is Kyungsoo??”

“He’s at home.”

“What happened?” and she looked at me with full of concern. “Did you two have a fight?”

I gave a small smile to ease her worries. “Ani~. I just miss my eomma.”

“Aigoo~” she hugged me along with Yeongsoo then when she pulled away.. “Do you want something to eat? Just wait here I’ll put your bags inside your room.”

“I’ll come with you.” And I followed her upstairs.

I was touched when she opened the door of what had become my room for 18 years. Everything was how I left it and it was very neat. Posters of bands, my books on the shelves, same pillow and bedsheet, my closet untouched. I missed being in this room.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to clean it well, I didn’t expect you to come. Are you gonna stay for the night?”

“Neh~” I smiled at her and put Yeongsoo on the bed.

“What happened Giyeong-ah? It’s so early in the morning. It’s just 4am, what made you thought of coming here?”

I didn’t say anything but instead..I just embraced my eomma. Although she visits, it wasn’t often that we have our time together. She hugs back.