Bonus 2

“Omo!! Is that you Giyeong??!” I was a bit flustered when someone called my name and widened her eyes on me. It took me a while before I realize that she was a friend of mine back in college. Jaehi.

“Jaehi-yah!!!!” I squealed and hugged her tight as I missed her so much for so many years of not having her acquaintance.

“Aigoo!!! I really thought I’m not gonna see you again!!!” I can see that like me, she’s really happy that we finally meet again. “How long has it been?? 7 years? It has been long!” she said with much upset tone.

“Yeah.”

“Ooh!! Since it’s been ages. Let’s take this chance to sip some coffee while we chat!” she said with delighted expression plastered on her face.

Can I turn down an offer of a long-time-no-see friend? Of course not.

*

The café we went for has an old-fashioned style with a touch of modern taste to it. Black, brown and grey made it seem that combination of neutral colors is not as bad as it seem. It actually looked luxurious and classy at the same time.

“I’ve never been here before. Didn’t know such a place exist.” I told her as I wander my eyes and marvel at the simplicity and beauty it shows.

“Aigoo. Well, maybe that’s why we don’t bump into each other.” Jaehi said with a grin on her face. “I’m here often. My fiancé owns it.”

“Jinjja????!” Baffled, my eyes widened. I swear, my husband is gonna think I’m copying him again if he sees me right now.

“Neh.” She uplifted her shoulder with a giggle, and just like the old times, she looks cute. “I think I really hit the jackpot.”

“Aigoo~ Jaehi-yah!! I’m really so happy for you. Wait ahaha that didn’t come out right.” I laughed as I can’t really describe how happy I am for her. Imagine? The shy nerd of our classroom who can’t even talk straight around boys, now have a fiancé who owns a gorgeous café??

She blushed and smiled shyly at me like how she was back then whenever I compliment her. She has been a very good friend to me since then.

“How about you Giyeong-ah?? How were you?” she asked with curiosity sparkling in her eyes.

“Oh.” I smiled, feeling happy and proud of how I am today. “I have a son, who’s energetic as me but looks like a carbon-copy of his father…and a loving, wonderful, gorgeous, perfect husband who’s been with me ever since.”

“Aigoo~.” She cooes. “I think you’re really happier now than you were when we were in college. Tell me, who’s the lucky guy??”