Chapter 19

I woke up with a massive headache and as I touched my right cheek I felt so much pain. I went in the bathroom to check myself up in the mirror and all I saw was a huge bruise, coming from my jaw line, up to my eye. She hit me pretty good. I must admit at least that.

Today was Sunday so that meant that I had another shot at my "me weekend" thingy. I grabbed a fast breakfast and some coffee and headed into town. I planned on, already looking, for wedding stuff. It wasn't really my thing, because me and shopping were worst enemies. I called Elsa to join me, because there was no chance in Hell that I would do this by myself.

"Hey girl. Let's get you in some wedding gowns." she greeted too excited for me to like.

"Wow. You are too excited. Seriously. We are just looking around. And if you take any pictures to send to Chris, I swear to God that I will strangle you while you're sleeping."

"Jo come one! How many times in life do you get married? You will be the center of attention and you need to look absolutely breath taking so Downey can shove it and sweat while watching you walk down that aisle.'

"Great <<mom>> let's go so you can shut up about it!" I said while taking off in the direction of Starbucks.

Elsa grabbed me by my shoulders and redirected me towards the wedding shop.

"Coffee later and dresses now!" she said bossing me around.

"Can't you just go and look around and call me if you found something worth trying on?" I was whining like a 5 year old that just wanted her toys and nothing else.

"Jo! I don't have all day. Come on!!!" she started pushing me towards the store.

As we entered all eyes were on both of us. 

"Miss Hemsworth, Miss soon to be Downey how may I help you two lovely ladies ?" said the girl at the front desk.

"Well..." said Elsa while eyeing me from head to toes." We need the most beautiful gown you have in this store, for my friend over here. We need to take Downey's breath away. If you know what I mean" by the time she finished talking she started winking to her.

"I don't think she wants to know what that means Els. Ewww disgusting speech my friend."

I tried on 20 different styles. I liked none of them. Then I tried on 10 more and I hated all of them as well.

"Jo put some effort into this. Come on girl. This is the last one! We've been in this store for 4 hours. You must like something. They weren't all that ugly. I mean the third one was pretty." Elsa was so exhausted and I felt bad by dragging her into this.

The last dress came in the room. It was a beautiful. White/ ivory wedding dress, with lace over it, backless and a nice flow to it. I loved it. As I tried it on it couldn't fit better than it did and to my surprise that was the only size available in the store. (dress photo on the side)

Elsa eyed me trying to understand if I like the dress or not. I just nodded my head in approval and smiled the biggest smile I could.

"It's breathtakingly perfect Els. I love it and I'll take it."

Elsa came behind me and looked at me in the mirror she had tears streaming down her face.

"I can't believe you guys are getting married. I thought me and Chris were the perfect couple, but you and Robert are beyond perfect Jo."

We hugged for a while then wiped our tears and continued our shopping spree. I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time. 

Robert called me at about 4 p.m

Me: "Hey babe!!! "

Robert: "Hy ninja turtle!  How are you my princess?"

Me: "Ohh just fine. Hanging out with Elsa. Looking for stuff." I empathized on stuff.

Robert: " By the way you said it I take it that you looked for wedding stuff, not just regular stuff"

Me: "Regular stuff, wedding stuff, they all look the same to me. I found some cool pyjamas's to walk the aisle in. They have your face on them and it's like the full Iron Man gear. I loveeeee them."

Robert didn't say a thing for a couple of seconds.

Me: "Robert, honey. Are you still there?"

Robert: "Yessss! I started imagining you in an Iron Man suit. Is it healthy or normal if I'm like so turned on by that thought?"

Me: "I don't know Robbie Bubble. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I'll let you decide that"

Robert: " Hmmm yeah. I'll give that thought a rest. Well happy shopping my lovely and hear from you soon. Bye hun! I gotta go on set again!"

Me: " Bye babe! Love you and have loads of fun out there"

Robert: "Love you too baby! Will do. Chris says hy btw! Oh wait I think he's talking with Elsa. Ehhh what the hell. Love you loads!"

I just laughed at how childish he can be at times, then I saw Elsa sending something to Chris.

"Elsa I will murder you if that is the picture of me in a wedding dress. I swear to God!!!"

"But I'm just sending it to Chris Jo!"

"There is no such thing as Chris keeping a secret, or you for that matter. Now Robert will see it and you spoiled my surprise. Hemsworth's can't keep a secret!"

"It's not the end of the world Jo!" said a terrified Elsa.

"The groom is not allowed to see his bride in her dress until the day of the wedding! It's bad luck"

"Chill Jo! He loves you! He will still be there even if he sees the dress now or in that morning. His feelings won't change. Ohh Chris told me that Robert saw it too. He can't move or breath or something!"

"Geeeee Elsa! Don't kill my soon to be husband."

"Sorry babe!" she kissed me goodbye and ran in the direction of her car.

My phone started ringing once again and Robert was, once again, on the other line.

Robert: " I ...I....you...you look absolutely stunning in that dress. I'm lost for words."

Me:" Well if we'll have a marriage full of bad luck you can be my sidekick while I kill Elsa with my bare hands!"

Robert: " You look amazing. You....you have this weird spell on me. Yes! I will be your sidekick in everything you want to do. I'm yours for ever and I'm here to stay. You still look amazing in it. Can't wait to marry you know. Damn those Hemsworth's!"

Me: "Thank you honey. Don't you like have somewhere you are needed?!? Like on set?"

Robert: "Ohh shooot! The set. Yes! I'm going honey. Can't wait to see you dressed in that on our wedding day and well to undress you from that !"

I just rolled my eyes at what he just said and headed home. I put the dress slowly and carefully on the bed, and went in for a long shower.

It hit me. My dad won't be there to give me away to Robert. I replaced the sadness with happiness the minute I knew that I will have the greatest husband in history.