Chapter 6

Dipper's POV

When we finally got to the mall, Pacifica smiled.

"Ah, the mall, the only place where you changed not on the inside, but the outside." She got out of the car and walked up to the driver, "I will call you when we are finished," she got out a large handful for cash and gave it to the driver.

The driver then left and it was just me and Pacifica at the entrance. We walked in and saw a lot of familiar people from when Soos needed to get a girlfriend for his cousin's engagement party. I followed Pacifica into a clothes store, she immediately went to wall full of boy's clothes. She took a couple down and started throwing them to me.

"Okay Dipper, I want you to try these, and these, oh, you have to try these." She threw so many clothes at me, I was holding on to a mountain of clothes to carry. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally said, "Go to the fitting rooms and try some of these on."

Man girls do love their clothes. I walked to the fitting room and threw the mountain of clothes on a chair. I went through literally everything you can think of, stripes, plaid, khakis, button downs, jackets, shoes, sneakers. It's almost like Pacifica wants to change my looks. After about 30 minutes of changing and fitting, I walked back to Pacifica. She was looking at a certain pink dress on the wall. She studied it, almost wanting to look for something specific. I interrupted her studying.

"I tried on those clothes."

She turned to me, "And now you tell me what worked and what didn't work."

I looked at a clock on the wall, it read 12:40, and we arrived at 11:00 before we started shopping. I realized that telling her what worked and what didn't is pretty much fitting and changing everything again. So I took the safe way out of it.

"They all looked good on me, how about you just look at the clothes, imagine them on me, and choose the ones that would work for you?"

"Okay," she got up and walked over to the mountain of clothes. She picked up a couple and mumbled to herself, "No, no, ehhh, no." She threw the clothes into the return bin. By the time she was done, 90% of the mountain was in the bin. Why didn't she just choose those clothes in the first place?

She gave me the pile of clothes and some money, "Here, can you pay this for me?"

I looked at Pacifica and said, "Wait, no, I can't pay with your money that would be rude."

She turned to me, "You got a couple hundred dollars on you?"

I was filled with a little embarrassment from that fact that she was right, I couldn't afford all these clothes, even though I will probably not ever wear them.

Pacifica laughed and said, "Don't worry Dipper, you can pay for dinner tonight!"

I looked at her with confusion, "We are going out for dinner? When were you going to tell me?"

"Well since we are now dating, I thought our first date would be today, hence the reason why we shopped for clothes."

"Well what are you wearing then?"

She turned and pointed to a pink dress in the back of the store, "That one." It looked very similar to the one she wore at the northwest party. She walked up to the dress and yelled at the worker, "Can a queen please have her crown?" The worker got the dress off its hook and gave it to Pacifica. She ran back to me and said, "Wait here, I am going to try it on."

She ran off and left me alone to think about things. I can't believe that Pacifica and I are going on a date! I never would have thought that it would be with her or even in my lifetime. I can only imagine what the dinner date would be like. OH SHOOT! I need money! I only have like, 20 dollars with me. I ran to the nearest pay phone and called Grunkle Stan.