12: Significant words

/Ethan's point of view\

It's lunch break. We're eating here at the cafeteria together with the gang except Yumiko.

"Hey, Ethan. Are you still with us? You're staring at her."

I didn't know that I'm already staring at her. I'm out of my mind. I'm still thinking of what she told me yesterday.

"Uh, yes. What is it again?" I asked. Hindi ko lang yata naintindihan yung sinabi niya o talagang hindi ako nakikinig sa pinag-uusapan nila.

"I said, that girl is kinda tough." Haha. Nakukuha pa din ni Yumiko yung atensyon nila kahit hindi nila siya kilala. Well, except sa members ng BD's.

"Y-yeah, definitely." Sabi ko.

"How'd you know?" Napaka-usisero talaga ng lalaking to.

"I always see her. She's our classmate, didn't you notice her?" Imposibleng hindi nila napapansin si Yumiko sa klase.

"Uh, yeah. Our representative, right? She's beautiful." Haha. Sabi ko na e. Basta maganda hindi nakakalampas sa mata ng mga ito. Pasalamat sila hindi naririnig ni Yumiko yung pinag-uusapan namen.

"Uh-huh. She's great, you know. Yes, she really is." I'm just telling the truth.

"Ethan, do you like her?" Damn. I love her.

"Hahahaha. Maybe." That was the safest answer.

"Come on. We all know that Ethan is deeply in love with our queen." Psh.

"Tsss. Whatever y'all say. Anyways, the coronation will happen next week."

"Really? Cool."

"Yeah. So, prepare for it. I have to go. So, see you guys at the parking lot later after your classes."

"Okay, bye."

I'll not attend my afternoon class. I need space to think about what will happen this next few days.

After almost 5 minutes of walking, I found a perfect spot. I didn't know na mayroong ganitong lugar sa EU.

Some people will go to the roof top, but not me. It's already marked by Yumiko, her new teritory.

This place is really perfect. I found my new paradise. A waterfalls that connected to a river with trees, plants and flowers around it. The water is clear and lucid because of the glimmer of the sun. There's some huge rock formations that placed near the river. I don't think it's man-made.

I sat down to a bench under a tree. I closed my eyes and started thinking about the things that's bothering me.

Few hours have passed by in a blur. I didn't notice that it's already 5 in the afternoon. I better go to the parking lot.

/Yumiko's Point of view\

I saw my gang standing impatiently beside a van. I walk towards them and asked where Ethan is, but they just answer me with a shrug. So I immediately get inside the van and put my earphones up and played the music on.

After 3 minutes, I guess. He's finally here.

"Guys, sorry if I took too long." He apologized.

"It's okay. Get inside."

We're finally on our way home, but when we passed by on a park, something in me wants to go outside and walk.

"Stop the car." I demand.

"Why?"

"Let's take a walk for a while."

"Okay." They all agreed, so, they find a place where we can park the car.

I'm leading our way together with Ethan then I suddenly stop, because I saw a girl crying while she's talking to a guy. I guess the guy she's talking with is her boyfriend.

I overheard their conversation. It's not that I'm eavesdropping or what. It's just that their voices are too loud.

"Let's break up." The guy said.

"What? But why?" She asked.

Oh. I remember her! She's one of my classmates and the guy is our schoolmate based on his uniform.

"I don't love you anymore." Tsk. That's why I don't want to fall inlove. Again.

"What? But I love you. Is there someone else?" I guess, there is.

"Yes."

The gang heard it all and they have their own opinions and reactions.

"Tch. Another playboy." Lauren said bitterly.

"Why do boys loves to play with our hearts?" Sabrina asked in the air.

"Not at all, sister. Definitely not me." Thomas object to his twin sister, Sabrina.

"Psh. I'm not a playboy." Ulysses said. Tss, defensive.

Ethan didn't say a word. Kanina ko pa napapansin yung katahimikan niya.

"He just let go the girl that loves him so much more than her life." I suddenly said.

I saw their shocked and surprised faces. What? Did I say something wrong? Oh, crap. Yeah, it's not like me to say such things about love.

"How can you say that she really love the guy?" Finally, Ethan found his tongue.

"I just know. And cant you see her reaction? She's crying to death." Yeah, she is. Masyado niyang mahal yung boyfriend niya.

"Hindi lahat ng taong umiiyak ay totoo ang luhang inilalabas." May pinanghuhugutan ba 'tong lalaking 'to? Ang bitter e.

I looked at the gang, nakikinig lang sila sa amin ni Ethan. Nangawit yata sa pagtayo kaya naghanap ng bench na malapit sa amin, sinigurado pa din nilang maririnig kaming nag-uusap. Alam na kasi nila kung ano ang mangyayari.

"Kapag ba umiyak ako ngayon, maniniwala ka na nasaktan na din ako noon?" Tanong ko sa kanya na medyo ikinabigla niya.

"No, kase hindi ka naman umiiyak at walang taong nanakit sayo." Yan ang pagkaka-kilala ninyo sa akin. I have few personalities that no one knows.

"A silent person have a lot of feelings unspoken. Hindi lahat ng nakikita mo totoo." True.

"Have you fallen in love?" Haha. If you only knew.

Yes. "Who knows?"

"Tss. Yeah, right." Sabi niya na halatang hindi kuntento sa sagot ko.

"Always remember, a girl wont cry if she doesn't love the guy. You have to experience it first before you can determine the difference between the truth and lies. One of the things you won't understand unless it happens to you." Isn't it true?

"May pinanghuhugutan? Haha." Look who's talking?

"Sooner or later, he will regret what he have done today. He just lost his better half." He will. I swear.

"Haha. Really?"

"Believe me. We always seem to hurt our love ones. But I know he has a reason. I can see in his eyes that he feel the same to the girl. He loves her. "

I know, in few days they'll will be back together. They deserve to be happy.

If they can't handle it, I'll do the move.