14: Memory of the past

/Steven's point of view\

I'm preparing for the coronation. Honestly, I'm excited to see my queen. But there's no one could replace the one and only queen of my heart, my love.

Naalala ko na naman yung araw na binigay sa akin ni Daddy yung necklace at kinwento niya pa yung history ng kwintas.

*Flashback 10 years ago.*

"Son, want me to tell you a story?"

"Sure, dad."

"Okay. Please listen carefully, son."

"About a century ago, my great-grandfather made a necklace on his own. He begun our business for jewelries. The story of it started here. He's thinking of what would be his gift for his fiance'. He think, and think of the most unique gift ever. And then he thought of making a necklace with his own design that he will give to her on their wedding day. As time goes by, she died after she gave birth to their first born child who is your grandfather. Years passed and he accidentally saw the necklace he gave to his late-wife in her jewelry box including a letter, saying, "My love, please give this to our only son, I want him to give this to the girl he will be spending the rest of his life with and please tell him that I love him so much. Ofcourse, I love you too, my love. Continue living and don't waste your tears just because you missed me. I'm always here, watching you from afar. I love you, my love, my life, and my everything.""

"Where is that letter, Dad?" I asked.

"Actually, it's on our gallery. It is preserved together with the necklace." He said looking happy seeing me getting interested on his story.

"Really? Can I see it, dad?"

"Ofcourse, son. Let's go."

He continued telling his story.

"My great-grandfather died because of loneliness and longingness for his beloved wife." He said, then paused for a while.

"His son, on my grandfather's time. He gave it to his loving girlfriend, because he knew that she will be soon his wife. They had two children. It was my father and Aunt Olivia. My grandfather decided to give it to my father, because Aunt Olivia is not supposed to give a necklace to her soon to be husband."

"My grandfather gave it to my father and so on, until he gave it to me."

"So dad, the necklace must be inherit to the next guy in the family. Am I right?"

"You're really smart, huh? Ofcourse. And now, it's your time to hold the necklace. Like my great-grandfather, grandfather, father and me. You're supposed to give this to your girl. Feel it with your heart, if she's the one. And one thing, once you put it against the light, the heart will change color from white to red. That's the sign that you found her."

"That's cool, dad."

Then, he handed me a box and I opened it. I was shocked and I'm amazed by its beauty. It's not an ordinary necklace. My dad said, it is made up of pure gold and the pendant is a black crystal. But as I'm seeing it for so long looks like it has something inside the crystal. I recognized a white, heart-shaped gem inside the black crystal. You can't see it clearly on the first glance, but as you stare on it, you'll see the real beauty. It's like it was really made for the girl you treasured the most. That you, who will give this to her will always be her protector. Like the white, heart-shape gem is being protected by the black crystal around it.

*End of flashback*

I admire my dad's great-grandfather for making that kind of necklace. It was amazingly made, it's precious. It really suits for the girl that you want to protect, to treasure and to be with for the rest of your life.

*Flashback*

I went outside the mansion and walked in the park near our house. I was about to sit to the swing when I heard a bark. I looked around, only to see a beautiful girl playing with the cute dog. She's just few meters away from me. I want to see her face near, face to face. I approached her, I said hi.

She anwered, "Hello." With her sweetest smile.

I was mesmerized by her beauty, like the first time I saw the necklace. I can't take my eyes off in her tantalizing eyes.

"I'm Kurt, and you are?"

"Just call me Yuki." Oh! The second time I heard her voice.

Days went fast and we became good friends. We're happy, not until --

"Kurt, we're leaving tonight. We need to go back home."

"What? Wh-where?" I was sad for her news.

"Philippines. Kurt, I'll miss you." She's crying.

"Oh, please don't cry. Here, take this." Me, giving her the necklace.

"This is beautiful."

"Yes it is." While looking to her eyes.

"Bye, Kurt. I hope to see you soon."

"You will, because I'll find you. I'll search for you. Wait for me, my princess."

"I will, Kurt. I'll wait for you."

*End of flashback*

That time, the very first and last time I made a promise to my self. I'll marry her someday.

Until now, I'm still searching for her. I hope to see you soon, my princess.

(A/N: The part two of the coronation will be posted soon. Wait for it, guys. Thanks for reading.)