Chapter Five -

Chapter Five -

Payton walked quietly down the hall. As she neared the office door, she heard the soft voices of several people inside. Pushing the door open, her eyes came upon Leo chuckling behind his desk at a tall, lanky brunette.

"Wench." Payton growled at her. The brunette turned and smirked, bright blue eyes sparkling in playfulness.

"Ice Queen."

"Blondie."

"Oh no you didn't!"

"I think I did." Payton grinned, the light actually forming under her cold gray eyes.

"Miss me?" Riley questioned, a smirk of a smile gracing her face. She leaned her hip against the desk as she watched her best friend.

"Of course, Riley. While you were vacationing with hot sexy, sweaty men in Mexico; I was working my butt off with the Yakuza." Payton laughed as she walked over to hug her friend and got a good look at her. Riley Mason wore tight fitting jeans, that ride low on her hips, showing part of the tattoo on her hip, Omega, and a small tan shirt that had a scoop neck. Her usual dark hair, now grown, was hanging loosely around her shoulders while her dark sapphire eyes were framed by soft gray eye shadow.

"But you get to live with all these sexy men. Live in the same house, maybe shower in the same bathrooms. Work out with them. Who knows what else?" Riley laughed, her fierce blue eyes dancing with mirth. She turned her attention away from Payton back to Leo, her humor gone. "Well, I came to visit my favorite boss in the whole world. I brought you the information, in the packet, along with the picture of what I want for my birthday."

"Will it cost pops a fortune, Rye?" Marcus laughed teasingly, catching Payton's attention to the other two in the room. Marcus stood behind his father's desk near the window with his arms crossed in a casual manner. Tony sat in a nearby chair situated in the corner with a half amused and curious expression, other half bored.

"Nope. Look and see." Riley grinned and then turned to the man sitting in the corner with a withdrawn, confused expression. Her curiosity always rising to a challenge. "You must be the infamous Antonio Palsco. I am Riley Mason."

"Pleasure to meet you." He stood, offering his hand shake but withdrew it when she stared at the hand in a inquisitive manner. Clearing his throat, he questioned, "Infamous?"

"I've heard some things about you." Riley grinned her flirtatious smile but Payton recognized the sharp wit and protective look hiding in her eyes. Tony must have noticed something because he soon put on a polite smile as he looked at her.

"I can't say I have had the same opportunity." Riley laughed outwardly before turning to Payton. "He's good, Payton. But I will agree with the boys' opinion. He is unwise to what is happening."

"Riley." Marcus and Leo warned. Payton laughed before moving to walk next to Riley and face Tony.

"Palsco, this is Riley Mason, my best girlfriend, part of the family, Leo's accountant along with lawyer, unofficially of course. She is a major flirt with a mind quicker than most men here and fiercely loyal and protective." Payton grinned. "I'm warning you now. Fall for her and she'll rip your heart out. Mess with her, I'll take you down in a heartbeat." Her smile was wicked as she turned away to look at the picture on the table. "Oh my god, Riley. You want a boy toy?" Leo choked at Payton's outburst. Marcus let out a small laugh and Tony kept a hand over his mouth.

"What? Oops. Wrong picture, look at the other one." Payton took the picture from Leo's hand and carefully analyzed it. It was of Riley when she was child and a little boy hugging her. "Is this Rocky?" Payton asked quietly.