Chapter 5: The Party Begins

Almost an hour has gone by, the party has begun at Joseph's.

Joseph's parents were killed on Valentine's Day of this year. They were on their way to dinner when this occurred. Joseph was at home on his cell phone and computer talking to the other 4 in his crew. At least that's what it seemed. (More on that later). Regardless, Joseph inherited the house, $480,000 dollars in his father's account, $120,000 in his mother's and $1,000,000 in their life insurance. Although, Joseph was wealthy, he never spent the money on anything glamorous. He bought only the essentials. He didn't even buy a new car when he very well could have. With his alibi, genuine tearful expressions, and his lack of visible greed, he was ruled out as a suspect.

The party is going on in Joseph's large two story house. It is not jam packed but still a good amount of people. Alcohol and drugs are passed around like a buffet. Music is blaring, people conversing loudly...it is a damn good time right now for them.

Outside on the patio, Celina, Brandi, Kim and Alexis are sitting down, smoking a joint and drinking. Behind them in the far distance is a barn and plenty of trees.

Celina: "I am getting worried. Johnny always answers my texts. You think he is ok?"

Brandi: "I'm sure he is."

Celina: "But he's in Wanderer's woods. He's probably drugged out of his mind."

Brandi: "I told you to break up with him. I knew he would overdose and die on you leaving you heartbroken."

Celina's eyes tear up. She is a very sensitive drunk and will cry for the simplest of things. To her this is far from the simplest of things. She really cares about Johnny. He is the only guy she has been with or known that didn't try to have sex with her immediately. Maybe because he was always on some type of drug but nonetheless, she took it as him being a sweetheart.

Celina: "Can someone go with me to look for him?"

Brandi: "Through the woods?"

Celina: "Yes."

Kim: "And get lost or killed by some maniac?"

Celina: "Yes...to the "Through the woods" part."

Alexis: "I love you, Celina but screw that. I am not going in those woods."

Celina, wipes tears away: "Fine, I will go alone!"

Brandi: "We can't let you go alone."

Celina: "Then go with me!"

Kim: "I'm staying here."

Alexis: "Me too."

Celina: "Fine. I'm going."

Brandi: "I'll go with you."

Kim: "Really?"

Brandi: "I'd never forgive myself if I let her go alone and something happened to her."

Alexis: "Ok, well here, take this."

Alexis reaches in her purse and pulls out a bottle of pepper spray. She hands it to Brandi.

Alexis: "Just in case."

Brandi: "Ok."

Alexis: "Text us every 5 minutes so we know you are ok."

Brandi: "Alright."

And with that, Celina and Brandi make their way towards the Wanderer's Woods.

Back inside, the party is still loud. Melissa and Belinda walk urgently to Marcus.

Melissa: "Babe, we need to talk now!"

Marcus takes a swig of his Ever Clear and punch.

They walk towards the bottom of the stair case.

Marcus: "What is it?"

Melissa: "We are in trouble!"

Marcus: "How?"

Belinda hands Marcus her cell phone.

Melissa: "She got the phones mixed up!"

Marcus: "Mixed up?"

Belinda: "We have the same damn phone. I was rushing and must have accidentally got them mixed up."

Marcus: "Obviously."

Melissa: "Marcus, that rotting bitch has Belinda's cell phone on her!"

Marcus chuckles.

Marcus: "I guess you two have to go get it."

Melissa: "What?"

Marcus: "If you two are gone then no biggie but we obviously can't all go. So, you two get your asses back into the woods and get that fucking phone."