Chapter 1: The Burial

(NOTE: Listen to the above while reading this chapter. Sets the tone perfectly.)

Chapter 1: The Burial

She knew it would be the last time she saw her room from this or any perspective for that matter. So, Lavana, an 18-year-old senior in high school pans around her room before putting the last-minute touches on her makeup.

Her walls were once covered in many metal bands posters and memorabilia. Her parents tore them down and tossed them away. She then became fascinated with Charles Manson and had created her own posters which were torn down the same day as she created them. She knew that would happen but it didn't bother her none. Every night, her father, a brainwashing preacher, would whip her with his strong $30.00 belt that could never be broken or torn. Lavana didn't consider herself evil. She loved animals, never ate meat, never harmed anyone intentionally. That would soon change. Lavana just had this morbid curiosity on the power and mind control that Manson bestowed upon his people. Although she had no intentions of being the brain washing leader that Manson or her father was, just a leader amongst the out casts.

She looks at her fresh water fish tank that once housed over a dozen fish. The last fish added to the aquarium was a red and black fish that is properly called Red Wag Platy. Once she added that fish all the other fish began to die at alarming rates. Within a two week span all of her fish with the exception of the Platy, were all dead. Lavana's favorite colors were red and back. For reasons to be seen (in addition to the colors of the Platy), she began relating to it more so than her own parents. She looks at the 10-gallon tank next to the fish tank which has her black pet Scorpion she lazily named Stinger. By that aquarium, she has a somewhat self-made flag. Her dad was of Irish heritage and her mom Italian. Her mother managed to sew both national flags together, back to back. Lavana despised this. For years, she was ridiculed for not embracing her culture. Her parents wanted her to learn Italian so she rebelled and learned Spanish instead. Actually, Lavana wasn't her given name. Her name is Valentina, which means healthy and strong. She chose Lavana which means Moon in Hebrew. She loves the moon and can stare at it for hours without even taking her eyes off it unless she is blinking or sneezing.

Lavana sits at her desk which she turned into a make shift vanity mirror. She finishes her intricate make up. Every line drawn to perfection. Her maroon lipstick is put on perfectly without a single smudge. Her eye makeup is shaded in perfectly. Her face was once a blank canvas that she turned into a self-proclaimed masterpiece. She places braided red extensions into her black as night hair. She was popular in school but for the wrong reasons. What she saw as beauty, most of the other students made fun of. She isn't morbidly obese but does have some extra weight added to her which didn't do anything to douse the flames of bullying. She is also pretty damn tall. Normally someone with her size should be doing the bullying but she never even harbored the idea. She just wanted to be alone.

She writes on a piece of paper using a dried-up pen. She dips it in her homemade ink. Her wrists bare many scars. To make her point, whenever she cut her wrist to block out any other pain delivered to her, she'd save the blood in a tiny container. It is that blood that is being used for ink. She finishes and gets to her feet. She places a goat head necklace around her neck and grabs a red book. She exits out of her room. On the paper, it reads in Lavana's blood: "If you don't get why I did it...then I am glad I did it." Yes, she spilled that much blood to write that much.

It is 3:17 A.M Friday morning, October 30 as Lavana walks in to the dreaded Wanderers Woods. These woods can be a shortcut to a few places. However, more often than not, people become lost in them and aren't found until decomposition has set in. Children, mostly but occasionally a drunken bastard or two will wander into them. Most teens believe it is haunted. The woods are in our central location which is Morestead Heights, population: 375,234. She walks with a smile on her face. She stops when she arrives at a shallow grave. The dirt is piled up right next to it. In the grave are rotten roses and a dead cat whose blood was sprayed across the hole. Lavana steps in to the hole and hands somebody the red book. Whoever it is takes the book and opens it as Lavana lays down. She stares at the dead cat with tears in her eyes. She folds her arms across her stomach, smiles, then shuts her eyes. Whoever is holding the book, also holds a revolver. This person fires a single shot into Lavana's heart. She slowly dies. The first patch of dirt is thrown on to Lavana's lifeless corpse.