Chapter 5

"Yeah no. I can't and I won't be singing at an open mic. " I drove into the parking lot by the dorm. "Aww come on it'd be fun. Then everyone would know how great you are." I shook my head as I parked and cut off the car. I know I have a decent voice but there is no way I'm singing at an open mic night. "You're hilarious if you think I'll ever sing in front of these kids. I can't stand half of them and I really don't feel like becoming viral because I can't sing." We got out of the car and I locked the door. I ran my fingers through my hair as we walked and talked. "You know, I wish you didn't leave the party so soon. What happened that made you so mad?" She questioned as we got on the elevator. "Oh, yeah. Jaime walked in soon after you went to go dance and talk to that guy." I leaned on the wall biting the skin around my thumbnail. She looked at me and I shrugged, "Wait, so you were mad just because he walked in? Why would that piss you off?" She questioned me as the elevator stopped on our floor and we walked out. " No I was pissed off because not only did he just show up, he came over and he grabbed me like I was his and he was irritating and just..." I groaned finding myself at a loss for words for the situation. She patted me on my back as we walked up to our dorm room. I unlocked the door and went straight to my bed. She got her PJs out of her dresser and went to the bathroom to go change. I locked our door and closed our window shade before stripping down myself and changing.

          After we both changed, popped some popcorn and removed our makeup, she crawled onto the top bunk and we put the Hulu on the TV. "So what are we gonna watch?" I looked up at her as I poured myself a cup of juice. "Um wanna watch a horror movie or something? She asked as she flipped through the movies. "I shrugged as to put the cup on the table next to my bed. "What about this?" I looked up to see a movie called 'Charlotte' "What's that, Annabelle's sister?" She laughed and clicked on it. I turned off my lamp and the only light was coming from the TV and the little crack under the door. The tv was sorta loud but seeing as it's the weekend half of the kids aren't even home or piss drunk it doesn't matter. Unless the RA came by and said something, Kayla and I didn't care. There were a few good scary parts but for the majority of the time, Kayla and I were just laughing at the movie. "Don't get me wrong it was a good movie but come on. Nothing can beat Annabelle." I said getting up to grab some chips. "That's a lie because that movie with that little puppet boy was a damn good movie. It was more interesting than Annabelle." I laughed as I threw a bag up at her and she caught it. "That's because the majority of the movies that Annabelle was in, including the newest one, it was a way too much fucking backstory and not enough scaring. All she does is like turn her head and stuff. She's literally just a creepy looking doll." It was my turn to pick the next movie. "Wait I gotta pee first." She got down from her bed and ran to the bathroom. I decided to take this opportunity to scroll through some of the Disney movies. I found The Emperor's New Groove and clicked on it." This has to be one of my favorite Disney movies.

          We literally stayed up until 7 Am watching movies and binge-watching Steven Universe. I woke up around 10 am and stretched. I heard slight snoring so I take it that Kayla is still asleep. I gathered my towel and stuff and decided to take a nice long shower. I didn't lock the door because I'm pretty sure that if Kayla wakes up while I'm in here she's gonna piss the floor. I stripped and stepped into the shower and some music was playing on my phone. I let the water run over my body and physically relaxed a bit more. Jesus this feels great. I sung along to the music and even used the shower gel container as a makeshift microphone during my favorite parts. At the end of maybe the 7th song, I got out the shower and wrapped my towel around me. I did a little dance as I brushed my teeth and blow dried my hair. I walked to the bathroom door and heard a male voice but I thought Kayla was just on FaceTime again.

          When I walked out and made eye contact with Mr. Mysterious I wished I could have gone into hiding right then and there