Chapter 23

Daniel and I spent most of that day together. He watched as I danced awkwardly to the music that was playing. He laughed at me when I tried to make him dance too. He ordered us some food and we sat on my bed as we watched Netflix on the TV. "Today was fun, even though you made me clean and dance. I still had fun." I giggled as I took a sip of my soda." I did too." Why can't I be like this with everyone? Daniel doesn't make me feel as awkward or anything. Yeah, my heart still beats out of my chest when I'm with him but to be fair I'm like that with almost everyone. He just made me feel at ease and like I could be more of myself. He was fumbling with chopsticks as he tried to eat some rice. "Why don't you just use a fork or something? You're going to make a mess." "Hey I'm trying here!" he laughed as it fell back onto his plate. I couldn't stop laughing as I grabbed the other pair of sticks. "Let me show you how it's done." I smiled at him as I successfully picked up some rice and even chicken and brought it to my mouth without spilling it. "That's not fair, you've used these before." He pouted and I smiled at him. "It takes practice." He huffed and grabbed a fork as he finished off his plate.

          The day felt like it went on forever and I can't say that I didn't enjoy it. After Daniel left for work, I had my own little movie marathon which included binge-watching all of the Twilight series. What can I say, I'm a sucker for cheesy paranormal romances. I had a few text messages from Kayla throughout the day but nothing too major. She was just checking up on me and making sure I was okay which I was. I feel like I can hinder her sometimes but she claims I'm not. I guess it's just who I am, I've always been like this. I don't like when other people constantly ask me if I'm okay and then try to act careful around me. I'm not a fragile flower that needs sheltering and constant attention. When the movie finally ended I got up and decided to get ready for bed. It was around 10 pm and it didn't even feel like it. I took the medicine that the doctor recently put me on and changed into some pajamas. I hate taking shots and pills. It's disgusting. I chugged the bottle of water next to me as I turned off the lights and walked back to my bed. I guess now I can just relax. I guess Kayla would be back sometime tomorrow so I'm glad I cleaned up today. I wasn't lonely without her but it'll be nice to have her back you know.

          I had some music playing through my speakers. I've been listening to some piano melodies recently and it helps me fall asleep. There were some people in the halls but I guess they're all getting ready to go out. I would go out but it doesn't do anything for me. Plus Kayla's gone. I guess I could have gone to a bar or something and grab a few drinks. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. I had an email from that Dylan kid. Oh shit, I forgot that I was supposed to model for him.

          "Hi Monet, I hope you're doing okay," Does everyone know I was in the hospital. I rolled my eyes and continued. "I just wanted to let you know I'm free tomorrow if you wanted to meet up and do a test run of some shots. I'll be up around noon if you want to agree. I hope to hear from you." This boy really wants me to be a model for him. I already said yes and it'll be rude to back out now. I looked back at the last message from him and decided to send him a quick text message. "Hey Dylan, it's Monet. Tomorrow works great for me. I know it's kinda late right now but I was wondering if you wanted to grab a drink or something tonight. It could be like a little meeting before the photoshoot. If you don't it's fine, I'll see you tomorrow." I ran my fingers through my hair as I set the phone back down and rolled off my bed. Well, I guess if we're doing this tomorrow may as well get up now and find an outfit. I headed over to my closet, silently praising myself for having gone shopping. The news said tomorrow should be chilly but still sunny. "Hmm, maybe a dress with a cardigan. Something not too tight, it'll make me look smaller." I shook my head as I pulled out an olive green sweater dress. I held it up to myself. It had a turtleneck and the shoulders were cut out. It's probably the most flattering outfit I bought to school with me. I think this with some heeled booties would look nice. As I looked through my accessories, my phone buzzed again. "Sure we can meet up, I'm not busy. I know this nice little bar down the street I'll send the address. Meet me there in say half an hour?" I took a deep breath before texting back, "Cya there."

          This is the most I've gone out in a while.