Chapter 5

I was just in shock as Alastor hefted me over his shoulder. He was nuts; he thought he was a friggin werewolf?!?! This took a minute to sink in before I went into panic. I kicked hissed  and thumped him in every way I could. All I could think of was my family and home which I might never see again! this psychotic stalker's romantic intentions were no comfort. I finally got him to release me and was going to run. Next thing I knew I heard a deep gutterall growl, so deep my bones vibrated to hear it. I was thrown down to the floor, Alastor stood tense and fists clenched above me....to my shock it appeared it was him growling.His eyes were darker, with a hypnotising silver glint. I was afraid, Genuinely afraid I'm that moment that contrary to what he said he was actually a serial killer.

The icy silence of terror was broken as he spoke in the same deadly oppressive low timbre...

"You're mine.

Mine alone.

Always.

You will never leave this house lest you accept it.

You will obey me in this.

You will submit.

You will be my mate and this pack is your family now. "

I looked up, teary eyed to see that we were now surrounded by other men.

"Xavier,  take her to the holding room"

An hour later I was sat in a simple concrete grey room.

The walls were grey. The hard stone floor was grey. The metal door and a small sink mounted to the wall were grey. The bed and sheets I was sat on was grey. The radiator was white though.

Thank lord for such diversity! On the bright side -and what an ironic phrase in this case- at least the small room was heated.

A metal bucket also stood in the corner.... I didn't even want to think about what that was for.

I actually felt rather surreal at this point. They'd deposited my bag I'd had with me when taken so I'd tried reading Pride and Prejudice for a bit, but I just couldn't get into it. So here I sat, my head in my hands and fiddling absentmindedly  as I stared blankly at the wall running over all the events of the past day.

I heard footsteps echo outside and straightened up warily.

Abruptly there was a squeak as  the flap in the bottom of the door opened and I looked up to see books there.

Frowning to myself I leaned forward off the bed and picked them up, catching a scrap of paper that threatened to fall out as I did.

My eyes flickered over the books... Which were tatty leather tomes, and picked out the gold inscribed titles; Lycan Heratige and Customs, Bonds of the Moon and finally The Mating Phenomenon.

I sighed in disgust and fatigue, raising my eyebrows as I internally debated if I should read them...

Instead I opened the folded scrap of paper to see a  hastily scrawled note addressed to me.

Just read them even if you think everyone here is nuts. We'll be friends soon, I've seen it. Alastor is a douche but meh
....thats an alpha male mate for ya xD
Love and inappropriately familiar and friendly hugs :P
lux x

P.s stop thinking and just read a damn book.

Oooook.. I thought... Puzzled.

I felt absurd but I believed somehow we'd be friends when I read it.

There was something in this "lux" persons writing which make me relax just enough to consider reading one of the books....so I did.