Chapter 28 - Communication is key (Miguel)

I walked down the road and I knew I had left the timmies afar away. I felt my shaking body relaxing. Screw Eron, screw Tesha, screw everyone...I thought darkly.

"Jeeze, you didn't have to walk out, you can be so dramatic," Eron said, gasping for air, as he caught up with me.

"You dare say that? You were acting so fake in front of her! You knew how she was like to me before, even there, in the shop and yet you still laughed with her like you were buddy buddies. You should have treated her differently! Given her a taste of her own medicine!" I yelled at him.

He looked taken back. "Is that the kind of person you want me to be? An eye for an eye?"

 I knew I was acting terrible but I couldn't help it. "Why should it matter? Does she matter more than me? Was I just all just a big fat joke to you?" I demanded.  

 Eron looked at me like I was crazy. "How can you say that..." Eron said slowly.

 I looked at Eron wearingly.

"First, you don't want to tell me where you went yesterday. You don't even tell me you skipped class yesterday, and then, when the person I hate the most shows up out of the blue, you act like the last year never happened!" I exclaim angrily.

 Eron looks defeated. He was nothing like the confident, upbeat guy I used to remember. I kept bringing up the past, kept bashing it over his head, I just couldn't let it go. I kept using it as a crutch to beat Eron with everytime he did something I couldn't handle.

Maybe it was because I hadn't, deep in my heart, forgiven him for the past.

 "You have every right to be angry," he said quietly. His shoulders sagged and my heart felt a dull stab. Maybe I had crossed the line. Why was I so angry? 

I softened my tone. "I just want you to trust me, Eron...You know a relationship is nothing without trust."

 Eron looked at me, feeling hope. "Yes, you're right. I skipped class yesterday because I felt lonely. I didn't want to bother you when you're with your friends," Eron confessed.

 I felt guilt crushing me like a bug.

"Oh Eron. You shouldn't have done that. I didn't know you felt like that. You should have just told me. We could have figured something out," I smiled, feeling abit of relief, now that we were communicating our feelings.  

 Eron's mouth upturned a bit. "Heh, yah, that's my bad. I should have just told you. I guess I just really wanted to give you your space."

I smiled and wiped my tears. 

I laughed a bit and my throat felt raspy.

"You idiot," I said, half laughing, half crying. Eron hesitated and came and hugged me.

He rocked me and I hugged him back tightly. I dug my fingers into his jacket. I just wanted everything to be alright.