Chapter 13: Confused

Riku walked up to me and hugged me.

"Maybe you just need some fresh air..." he said while helping me stand.

"Maybe..." I replied.

We walked out of the house and started heading to the dock. Moments later, we ran into Sora and Kairi.

"Hey, Adeca!" Sora said, smiling.

"Oh...hey!" I said, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Where are you guys going?" Kairi asked, tilting her head to the side.

"We were headed to the island..." Riku replied.

"So Riku already showed you the island, huh Adeca?" Sora asked.

I nodded my head in response.

"Mind if we come with you guys?" Kairi asked.

Riku looked at me for permission, and I nodded my head. He gave me a surprised look before he turned back to Sora and Kairi.

"Yeah, sure!" he said.

We all walked to the dock, the whole time I was trying to avoid eye contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the island, and we went to the beach.

"So what should we do?" Kairi asked everyone.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just wanted to sit down somewhere and enjoy the sun..." I said quietly.

Kairi nodded her head at me and said, "That's fine. You just enjoy yourself!"

Riku took me to a treehouse not far from the beach, and he helped me up the ladder.

"I'm getting kind of hungry..." I said to him.

"Okay, I'll be right back." he said as he climbed down the ladder.

Seconds after he left, I heard the ladder shake.

"Well, that was fa-" I was cut short to see Sora.

"Hey, Adeca!" he said as he walked over to me and sat down.

"Oh...uh...hey..." I quietly said, looking down at the ground.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

"No, everything's fine." I said quickly. He leaned closer to me, making my heartbeat faster.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Y-yeah..." I said, scooting away from him.

"About the other day...I'm sorry..." he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's fine...but to answer you question, no."

"Oh...okay...so uhm..." he said. I tried to keep from looking to him to see what else he had to say, but I did anyway. But that was a mistake.

As I looked up, his face was inches from mine.

"Uh...Sora?" I whispered. Before I could say anything else, he leaned in and kissed me. I was very confused by this moment. My eyes were widened in shock. I froze. My body wouldn't move; I was scared. Then, Riku came back up. Sora quickly pulled away, and Riku stood there in shock, his eyes showing hurt. He quickly went back down the ladder.

"Riku!!" I yelled as I got up. I ran to the ladder and climbed down, running after him.

I finally caught up to him, and I quickly grabbed his hand.

"Let go of me!" he yelled. He ripped his hand away, but I quickly grabbed it again.

"Why?!" he yelled to me. Tears were still streaming down my face.

"It's not what it looked like!"

"It's exactly what it looked like!"

"No! He came up and sat down beside me, and I looked up at him, and he kissed me! I wanted to get away, but I was too scared to move!" I was crying at this point.

How could Riku think that I would do such a thing?!

"Adeca..." he looked at me and pulled me closer and hugged me tightly. "I...I'm so sorry..."

I kept crying. I was so confused...