Chapter 28: Who Is He?

"Riku..." Ansem said.

"Who is he?"

He didn't answer. Instead he continued to walk with me slowly trailing behind him.

Am I supposed to know this Riku guy?

Ansem stopped and opened a thing that looked like a portal and stepped inside. I cautiously followed after him. Once inside, it started to make me feel dizzy, but I tried to go on. I finally made it out the other side, only to be standing on the edge of a cliff.

"AHH!" I screamed and ran far away from the cliff as possible. I might not remember who I am, but I can definitely remember that I'm severely afraid of heights. Ansem just looked back at me and chuckled.

"Don't worry demon, you won't fall." He said.

"H-how do you know?!" I said, scared out of my mind.

"Because you have powers."

"I do?"

"Yes. But you do not know how to use them yet. That is why I have brought you here, for you will find your true powers."

"But what does this have to do with this Riku guy?"

"He is the one that will help you awaken your powers. But first, I must do something to help you."

I started feeling pain in my heart as my vision was slowly going out.

"W-what are you doing?!"

"Making sure that you are ready..."

Everything was going dark. I couldn't hear anything, and I couldn't see. My breathing was picking up fast and I could feel my heartbeat slowly decreasing. The only thing I could remember was one person.

"Riku!!!!"