Chapter 5: The Actual Date

Caroline Forbes

I wake up from my nap expecting Klaus to be next to me but he's not. Instead there's a red box sitting at the end of the bed. I open the box to find a gorgeous purple dress that goes down mid-thigh and a note:

Caroline please put on this dress and then go downstairs. There is a limo waiting outside for you.

I set the note down and hop into the shower real quick because boy did I need one. I get the dress on quickly matching it with a pair of black pumps. I run downstairs and hop into the limo and it drives away.

Niklaus Mikaelson

I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees all this. I had compelled the manager to let us have the restaurant to ourselves for the whole night. I suddenly heard a car pull up and a door shut. I heard the jingle of the door and then a gasp. Suddenly she was in my arms crying.

"Why are you crying love?" I ask running my hand over her hair.

She looks up and says. "You did this all for me?"

I nod my head yes and say,"Of course why wouldn't I do something like this for someone so special to me?"

She starts crying again and says," No one has ever done anything like this for me before."

I bring her head up to mine and say," I love you. You will always be special to me. No matter what." I kiss her lightly and pull out her chair beckoning for her to sit down. She sits down and I motion for the waiter to give us our menus.

"Wow there's a lot of fancy stuff on here," she says her eyes widening.

"I'm going to have the lobster and mashed potatoes please," I say trying to order the simplest thing.

"Um I'll just have the same I guess," she says.

When our food arrives we eat. And as we eat we talk. What about you may ask? Nothing and everything at the same time. It was the best night of my life. As we finish our food I pay for the check, we hop into the limo, and it brings us home. When we get home I lean in to kiss her but before I do I get interrupted.

"Brother I didn't know you and Ms. Forbes were so cozy," a voice says.

"Elijah," I say. "May I ask why you're interrupting my date?"

"Oh I just came by to wish you a happy birthday and to tell you I'm staying awhile," he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I need a break from Katerina. She's driving me crazy. I don't love her anymore," he says.

"Took you long enough," Caroline says and smirks. She walks upstairs and I hear her go into my room and jump into the shower.

"Well I'll have to wish you good night brother," he says and walks off. I walk up to my room and she's sitting on the bed reading.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday Klaus?" she asks not looking up from her book.

"I didn't think you would care," I say and lay down next to her.

"Well I do and I want to give you a birthday present," she says.

"And what is it may I ask?" I ask.

"A night you'll never forget," she says as she leans in to kiss me.

I hope you guys are liking this story. I'm just writing the story as it pops into my head.

Word count: 605