Chapter 15: Big News

Caroline Forbes

I wake up to Klaus shaking me awake.

"Wake up love. We're in Mystic Falls at your house," he says opening the car door and getting out. I get out of the car and run to the front door and knock. My mom opens the door.

"Mom," I say hugging her.

"Caroline why didn't you tell me what Tyler did to you," she says returning the hug. "Then you wouldn't have had to shut your humanity off."

"I'm sorry mom," I say looking at the ground. "I should have told you."

"It's fine," she says giving me another hug. "Now what's this big news you have for me?"

Klaus walks up behind me and my mom's eyes widen.

"What's going on Caroline," she says getting angry.

"Can we go inside and sit down first?" I ask upset that she got angry.

"Yes," she says walking inside. "And Klaus you may come in."

We walk inside and sit down on the couch. My mom sits on the one opposite of us.

"So do you want to tell me what's going on?" she says crossing her arms over her chest glaring at Klaus. "Why are you with him."

"Mom don't be mean to him. He's the one who got me to turn my humanity back on so back off," I say grabbing Klaus's hand.

"Oh," is all she says.

"Now I don't want you to get upset by this," I say taking a deep breath. "So first promise you won't get upset."

"I promise I won't get upset," she says adjusting herself on the couch. "I don't want to be upset with you Caroline."

"Ok here goes," I say taking another deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

Her eyes widen in shock and she takes a deep breath.

"Okay wasn't expecting that," she says and looks at Klaus. "Is he the father?"

"Yes," I say and smile at him. "But mom he makes me happy."

My phone rings and I look at the caller ID and it's an unknown number. "I have to take this," I say walking outside.

"Hello," I say answering phone. "Who is this?"

"Hey Caroline," a familiar voice says. "It's Jenna."

"Oh hey Jenna," I say. "I'm guessing Elena gave you my number?"

"Yeah and there's also something she didn't tell you," she says a hint of a smile in her voice.

"Jenna come on tell me," I say curious.

"Okay," she takes a deep breath. "Ric and I are getting married."

"OH MY GOD JENNA," I say. "When?"

"Like 2 weeks ago," she says. "I told Elena right after."

"How come I wasn't told?" I ask.

"I told Elena to call you," she says laughing. "But apparently she was to "busy" with Damon."

"Yeah," I say laughing. "So are you going to have an engagement party?"

"I actually wanted to ask you," she says. "Would you like to arrange my engagement party?"

"OF COURSE I WOULD JENNA," I yell. "You don't even have to ask."

"Okay. Thank you," she says. "That's all I wanted to ask. Goodbye."

"Bye Jenna," I say and hang up. I walk back inside.

"Who was that love," Klaus asks a smile on his face.

"Oh it was just Elena's aunt Jenna," I ask noticing his smile. "You're hiding something. What is it?"

"It's a surprise," he says standing up and kissing me lightly. "You'll just have to wait for tonight."

"I hate waiting," I say pouting.

"I know," he says smirking and we start walking toward the door. My mom pulls me into a hug before we leave.

"I love you so much," she says. "Where are you staying?"

"At the boarding house," I say hugging her and we leave. We get to the boarding house and knock on the door. Nobody answers so I decide to just barge right in. I hear Elena giggling upstairs and I roll my eyes. I walk upstairs and throw open the door.

"Um care to explain why you didn't answer the door," I say relieved that they're at least dressed.

"CARE," Elena yells running over to me and hugging me. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you to," I say hugging her back.

"So are you and Klaus," she says pulling away. "You know together."

I nod and she smiles, happy.

"I was actually wondering if Klaus and I could stay here while we're in town?" I ask.

"Of course you can," she says leading me to a guest room. "KLAUS YOU CAN COME UP NOW."

"Hello love," Klaus says appearing behind me.

"Hey," I say turning around and kissing him. "I'm tired. Let's go to bed."

I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty so I decide to head down to the basement for a blood bag. All of sudden everything goes black.

Word count: 805