My Best Friend Is Rich

We rode the elevator on the way down. Then, Tammy led us to her car. We all got inside. She geared the car as I gave her instructions to my house’s whereabouts.

After what seemed like ten minutes, Tammy parked the car. We all got out.

“This is your house?” Tammy asked.

I nodded, embarrassed.

“It doesn’t look like a house,” she continued.

Shannon smirked as she said, “Of course it isn’t. It’s a mansion!”

She laughed. Tammy was still shocked.

“Come on. Let’s go inside,” I said as I walked towards the front doors.

SHANNON’S POINT OF VIEW

Tammy and I followed Hailey towards the front doors when it suddenly opened. I saw an old man in a black tuxedo holding the doors open for us.

“Welcome home, Miss Adams.”

Hailey smiled and answered, “It’s good to be back, Frederick.”

The old man looked at me and Tammy.

“Oh. They’re friends of mine. They’ll be staying here tonight. Instruct Martha to bring out pyjamas for my guests,” Hailey said.

I saw Tammy’s eyes widen.

I whispered at her, “It’s not polite to widen your eyes on an old man.”

After hearing my words, her eyes went back to normal.

“And prepare something special for supper. I’ll be eating at the dining room with them tonight,” she added.

Then, the old man replied, “As you wish, Miss,” and left.

Tammy cleared her throat.

Hailey turned to us and said, “I’m sorry about all the formality. My father insists on such way. I guess it makes him feel superior.”

Tammy and I smiled.

“It’s okay, Miss Adams,” I imitated the old man.

Hailey laughed and so did I. Tammy was still stunned by the beauty of the Adams’ mansion.

“Do you want to watch a movie first?” Hailey invited.

Tammy and I nodded.

Then, we followed her upstairs where we passed lots of doors.

Finally, she stopped and opened a double door.

“Where are we?” Tammy asked.

“We’re in the Entertainment Section of this mansion. We don’t usually come in here, but the caretakers keep it clean.”

The three of us got inside. Tammy and I were astonished.

~I have never been in this Section before. Name any kind of entertainment stuff and I bet it’s here.~

Tammy walked towards a tinted glass door and slid it open.

“What’s in there?” Tammy asked.

Hailey smiled and said, “It’s a soundproof room. This is where I used to watch movies with my mother.”

The moment she mentioned her mother, her smile faded. I walked towards her and held her hand.

She smiled at me and said, “I’m fine.”

Then, she invited us inside the room. There was a huge collection of movies on the shelf.