The Jerk Who Messed Up My Life

SHANNON’S POINT OF VIEW

It’s Monday once more. My brain is slower than ever.

My father knocked on my door.

“Shannon, wake up!”

I got up and opened the door.

“Good morning, kiddo!” he greeted.

I just yawned. Then, he laughed at me.

“Get dressed, kid. You don’t want to be late.”

I nodded and closed the door behind me.

I made my way to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and changed.

After what seemed like half an hour, I went downstairs and found my father sipping coffee from his green mug.

“Good morning, dad!”

He looked at me as I grabbed two slices of bread.

“You’re not going to eat here?” he asked.

“I’m almost late,” I said as I went to the door.

“Shannon, don’t forget your shoes.”

I looked down and found that I was still wearing my fluffy slippers on.

He laughed at me.

Then, I got my shoes and tied the laces.

“Bye!”

He waved me goodbye.

~Where’s the school bus?~

“Shannon? Shannon Blake?”

I looked to see who it was.  It’s the twins, Chelsea and Cassie Stork.

“I can’t believe you actually live here,” the one with the curly hair said.

“Uh … I’m always late so I don’t get to the bus,” I replied.

They looked at each other, as if they were looking at a mirror.

“Where’s the bus anyway?” the one with the straight hair asked.

“I don’t know. We just got out, remember?” the one with the curly hair said.

I looked around to see where the bus was. The curly one pointed at the bus and ran towards it while pulling on her sister’s hand. I just followed them both.

“Shannon Blake?” the bus driver was surprised.

“Good morning, Mr Shall,” I greeted him.

“What a nice surprise, Shannon!”

I smiled. He knew I was someone who wakes up late so he was surprised. Then, I took a seat next to the window. The bus was so noisy so I got my earphones out and plugged them in my ears. I took a look around the bus.

~That’s funny! Hailey’s not here. She usually takes the bus to school.~

After a few minutes, we arrived in the campus grounds. Everyone started pushing so the people in front would hurry up. I decided to stay behind.

When everyone was out, I got my bag and headed outside the bus. Mr Shall bid me goodbye and I smiled at him. I made my way to my first class of the day, Mrs Johnson’s class.

~I admit her class is easy if you just listen, but I don’t really listen.~

I was the only one who wasn’t talking to anybody. My ear phones were still plugged inside my ears. I looked around and found Hailey nowhere.