Chapter Three: Cold Night

Robin closed the book softly and took a long breath soon after. She was surprised that it had gotten as late as it had. The moon filled the sky and the stars illuminated the heavens, reflecting off the sea before her. Leaving the book and lawn chair, she walked towards the railing. It had gotten colder as the sky got darker, her skin grew goose bumps and made her hair stand on its end.
Pulling out the band in her long black hair, she let it fall down comfortably at her back. The ocean seemed so vast, and so endless, she knew the missing poneglyph was out there. No not out there, but here in the New World, she was so close.
The rest of the crew must be fast asleep. She thought turning back to the deck of the ship. Robin would get so caught into her studies that she would often forget what time it would be. Once she read all the way to the sunrise, waking to the smell of Sanji's breakfast.
One of the doors of the ship opened slowly.
Robin looked over to see who it was. She giggled to herself as she saw Law carrying a sleeping Luffy. Law's expression was less then thrilled, he must have fallen asleep after dinner.
Law made it to the center of the ship before Robin called out. " I can do that for you Trafalgar."
He seemed startled. " Wah?" He yelped. " Robin, what are you doing up? I thought you were sleeping."
" I sometimes need a book more then a couple hours of sleep." Robin began to walk over to Law.
He seemed on edge. Robin looked at his long coat in envy, her skin grew colder by the sea chill. She could live with it, she had before countless times.
" I can put Luffy to sleep." Robin said stopping feet away from Law. She noticed how mysterious his eyes were, dark and full of the unknown. Was that how people thought her?
" It's perfectly fine Robin. I can handle it." Law insisted.
Before he could say another word, Robin sprouted a train of hands that took Luffy from Trafalgar's arms and through a door into his little cot. Taking less then a minute she had done the job and relaxed her arms.
" I forget about your ability sometimes Nico Robin." He didn't look her in the eyes, his fluffy and warm hat sunk into his dark black hair.
A large breeze blew through the ship. Larger and colder then any previous from the afternoon. Robin grabbed her elbows and sank within herself looking for warmth.
"Oi" Robin heard through the quick salty breeze.
A furry hat was placed on her head. Warm and soft fur surrounded the top of her head. In shock she looked up shocked.
Law had one hand on her head and his other extended holding something in his left hand. His Corazon jacket that he wore before. It's dark black silk held tightly in Law's hands. Aside from his bandages, Law was now completely shirtless. He blushed and quickly took his hand off of her head and handed her his jacket.
" Why?" Robin asked.
" You're cold" He answered with a stutter.
She took the jacket from his hands. It was warm, very warm, Law's body heat seemed to soak the jacket. Quickly she put it on, it was immeasurably bigger on her. Her hands didn't reach out of the sleeves, and the tail of the jacket dragged on the ground. Robin glanced up at Law's face.
He's blushing! She told herself. Her eyes glanced down from his face and to his torso, telling herself that she was inspecting the bandages. But then her face grew red as well.
" Robin. Is something wrong? Your face is red." Law asked.
" Thank you." She walked into her quarters quickly. Hiding her glowing cheeks. Closing the door behind her, she took a deep breath.
Curious she turned to the porthole window in the door. There she saw him walking back to his cot. Closing the door behind him.
What is happening to you? Your just borrowing his jacket. She said smacking her self on the head.
She went and laid in her bed. Not needing any covers or blankets, she just slept with Law's coat and hat keeping her warm.