First Day

A/N:

11-12-17 I just edited this so it isn't Ally's P.O.V. so it fits with the rest of the story :) Of course there might be mistakes, feel free to point them out so I can fix :D thanks

As Clara drove closer and closer to the school, Ally found herself getting progressively more nervous. It was her first day at her new school after she moved there in the summer. Lauren had been great help with settling in and getting her used to her newest home. She's truly was the best cousin Ally could have asked for, she seriously doesn't know where she would be without the green eyed girl. She was more like a best friend and sister. They're the same age, the difference between them being just 10 days, which Lauren loved to rub in the blonde's face.

The two girls had always been close, from birth all the way until age 7, when Ally and her parents moved to Texas. Both were crushed, the shorter girl even tried to sneak a young Lauren into her suitcase before they left. Their little plan didn't work out, and Ally had to leave her best friend behind. Fortunately, when the Hernandez family would come down for the holidays, it felt as though she never left. It was a bond that couldn't be broken by time or distance. Now that Ally was living with them, she got to see her 24/7. The blonde was pulled out of her thoughts by a voice.

"Als? Ally? did you hear what I said?" Lauren waved her hand in front of her cousin's face.

The small girl blinked back to reality and focused in on her face

"Sorry Lauren," Ally said sincerely. "My mind was off somewhere. Can you repeat that?"

"I said, 'how do you feel about starting your last year of school here?'."

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Ally felt herself getting dizzy as the knot in her stomach tightened.

"Ally, honey, you're turning green." Clara said, looking at the teens through the rear view window.

"I-I'm fine aunt Clara" She stuttered out.

"Hey, look at me." Lauren said, putting her hand on her cousin's thigh, "I'm not gonna leave you, if that's what you're worried about. I'll be by your side the whole day. Promise." She held out her pinky with a sincere smile.

The brown eyed girl returned the smile and locked pinkies with her. She felt some of her worry lifted from her shoulders, but the tightness in the pit of her stomach didn't go away. Their pinkies stayed locked together on the seat between them until Clara finally pulled up next to the school.

"Alright girls, have a great day." She said cheerfully. "I'll be back at 2:30 to pick you two up. Good luck Allycat, I love you"

"Thank you aunty, I love you too." Ally unbuckled her seatbelt as slowly as she could. She didn't want to go to school. If there was ever a time that she wanted to hug her mom, it was now. Whenever she wrapped her in her arms, it was if all the Latina's troubles were melted away. The teen felt tears prick her eyes and blinked them back quickly.

Lauren and Ally both exited the car, but before the older girl could close her door, her mom yelled to her.

"Laur! Make sure no one picks on my little girl." She said to her seriously, brow raised. Lauren looked at her mother, offended.

"I thought I was your little girl?!"

"You aren't little anymore Lauren, that one there will probably get stepped on in the hallway" she pointed her red polished nail a her niece.

Ally rolled her eyes discreetly

I'm not that short! She thought to herself

Clara drove off, leaving the two teens alone. Lauren looked at her cousin. "Ready?" She asked.