Realization

A/N: 

I literally have no excuse for being gone so long lmao

ANNOUNCEMENT- next chapter WILL be the last 😢 It's bittersweet because this story is like my first baby but on the other hand I'm ready for it to come to an end. 

Enjoy

"Well look who it is, the girl of the hour! What's the rush?"

"L-lauren, I thought you were leaving?" Ally said nervously as she dragged Normani though the door by her hand.

"I am," Lauren quirked a brow "I'm just waiting for Shawn to get here. What-"

The sound of a car pulling up up halted her words.

"Sounds like he's here! Have fun Laur!" The girlfriend's rushed up the stairs.

A minute later the front door opened and her friend's waltzed in.

"Hey Lauren, what's with the look?" Halsey spoke first, taking a bite out of her pizza.

"I... It's nothing." Lauren tore her eyes away from the stairs.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." Shawn laughed.

"Ally's just acting weird. I was gonna invite her and Normani but they seemed to be in a rush to get upstairs." The green-eyed girl shrugged.

Her two friends shared a look before laughing.

"What's so funny?" Lauren didn't understand.

"Oh my little Lauren, you're so dense." Halsey said between laughs.

"What do you-" Before Lauren could even finish her sentence, her blue-haired friend was walking up the stairs.

Shawn and Lauren shared a look, one amused and the other confused, before following her up the stairs quietly. Reaching the top they found Halsey with her ear pressed to Ally's door.

She held back a laugh as she pulled her head away. "Yup I was right." She whispered.

Lauren walked over and pressed her ear to the door, gasping at the sound she heard on the other side. The sound of the blonde's headboard slamming into the wall rhythmically as well as throaty moans filled her ears and she quickly yanked her head away.

"Y-yes Mani! Harder!" came a cry from the other side.

"No fucking way." Lauren stared wide-eyed as she tried to process what she just heard. "I knew it! I knew she seemed different when I got back from North Carolina!" 

***

"Laur! I missed you so much!" The small girl threw herself into her cousin's arms. The Cuban held on tight to her as she rocked them side to side.

"I missed you so much Alz!"  She murmured into Ally's blonde locks. Pulling back, she furrowed her brow. "Something's different."

"W-what do you mean?" Ally said nervously.

"I don't know, there's something about you.." Lauren cupped her cousin's cheeks as her eyes roamed the blonde's face. "Anything you wanna tell me?"

"Uh... Not that I can think of.." Ally stepped back. 

Lauren gave her a skeptical glance before dropping it.

***

"I should have known." Lauren said bitterly, walking back down the stairs with her friends.

"Is it really that big of a deal, Laur?" Shawn tried.

"Of course it is! My baby cousin and Normani Kordei." Her face twisted in disgust.