Chapter 10: Almost the End

I was still inside the Jam Room, waiting for the results of our finally finished song, Andy played some parts out loud and I heard my voice, and it was surprisingly, melodious and sweet, and then I heard Marie’s voice, which kinda ruined the peacefully soulful atmosphere, then came Woo Jin’s solo guitar plucking, and as always, it sounded good, in fact, I’d say as good as a pro’s is when playing a guitar.

Which reminds me of another memory with him.  I was walking down the ramp with Enz and Woo Jin, and we were talking about the new song I had just made The Girl on the Other Side of the Mirror.  So far, Woo Jin said that this song sounded better than These Shadows, which I didn’t know whether to agree with, because practically, as the composer of both songs, I’d say they both sounded nice, and had different qualities from each other, so why compare?

But anyway, it was dismissal time and we were the only ones who were left behind in the classroom again, since it has became a habit of ours to stay behind for awhile, do the songs I made and then wait until the guard whistles us out of the classroom.  Dang it guard, seriously, it was annoying enough that he couldn’t give us a few minutes inside the classroom alone, and here you are blowing your whistle at us as if were deaf to not be able to hear him. 

Dammit.  People always find ways to ruin my mood, but it’s okay, at least we were able to do my song, even if it was just only for awhile.

 So, we were walking down the ramp and out of nowhere Woo Jin, who was walking beside me, guitar strapped to his back, starts making jokes about not attending the recording, which in turn made my head burn in annoyance.  Who the hell is he to mess with those kinda jokes anyway?

I logically scowled at him, hating it when he makes me feel like a need him for the day of the recording.  “Fine,” I stated.  “I’m not joining the recording either.”

He laughed, like Adriel, you’re just so unbelievable sometimes.  “Sheesh, who cares if you’re not joining us?”

My mouth dropped, so he wanted to play this kinda game huh? Well, Woo Jin, you actually dared to mess with the wrong person.  “Then who’s gonna sing my parts? You?”

He beamed at me, “Yeah, I actually have a better voice than you when it comes to singing, right Enz?” Woo Jin asked, smacking Enz’s shoulder.

Enz nodded his head, laughing.  “Yeah, we can do your parts.”

I folded my arms, “So your gonna do my parts huh?”

They sheepishly nodded their heads, like duh?

“Then good luck singing the high parts of the song which I guess you dudes can seriously execute well,” I said patting Woo Jin’s shoulder.

He scoffed, “Don’t get so worked up Adriel, without me doing the intro you can’t even begin singing.”

This time it was me who was laughing like an idiot, I mean, what he said was also true but at the same time, it sounded seriously stupid, I just had to wipe the tears coming out of my eyes. 

“Well, you can’t even end the song if I don’t do my parts.  Besides, without you there I can still play the guitar for the recording, small eyes.  So technically Woo Jin, I don’t need you or your guitar skills.”

He raised his eyebrows, laughing to himself, but it was quick, filled with the pride I must’ve hurt, in fact it sounded more like a snort to me.  “I’m like the best guitarist in this school,” He then faced me, “Tell me, who is even as good as me?”

I looked back at him, “Gabriel is,” I said.  “He’s probably just as good as you are.”

Enz shook his head, “Nah, Woo Jin’s kinda better Adriel,”