Epilogue

So, what is music?

Well, as I fished for a dictionary, it says here, that it is the art of arranging sounds, or the sounds that produce effect.

But who cares what the dictionary says anyway? Besides, we all know that.  And if you're not too dumb to actually notice, you know and have experienced music, that is, if you weren't born deaf.

But even deaf people have their own sense of music.  To agree, or not to agree? It's alright really, it will always be your choice to decide whether I put here, is even true or not.  So as long as you understand then there's nothing to worry about, right?

Wanna ask me though? What music is to me?

Music is beautiful. 

It not only soothes the heart and mind, but it also hits the very core of humanity.  Like the way his guitar playing has hit mine.  It's this indescribable feeling that stirs inside when you hear the soft mellow of a piano when played, it is this peaceful close as the boy strums his guitar, silent and soulful, and it is also the joyous enjoyment when a singer's melodic voice fills the air with nothing but her voice.

Music is not only chords and notes alone, not even a sheet filled with symbols.  But it is the sheet that is written with skill, and most importantly with emotions, emotions so deep and powerful that it could move people to tears, to anger, to damage and even to lust.  And I, Adriel am a sole witness to that.

So, what is music? To you, it may have a different definition, and to others, it might mean all the same...but, one thing is clear.  I lost to that boy and his guitar, and I guess it does not matter if I did, because as you can see, I'm quite happy that I did, even if things didn't really end well for us.  But who's to say, right? Maybe someday, when everything is in it's place.  I'll understand how and why he was able to captivate me the day when he played his guitar.

I inhaled, and sang as silently as I could as I strummed with my guitar, enjoying the still of the night air.

I'll just close my eyes and pretend

That I don't hear my heart shatter

Go your way and I'll go with mine

Impossible to say but I know you won't feel the same...

I breathed out, that was like 7th or 8th song I have composed this summer, and so far, Woo Jin's the reason why I was even able to write a love song like this.  Yech, cheesy I know.  Who cares though? Besides, it sounded nice, and if he heard it, I know he wont have the slightest clue that this song was meant for him to hear anyway.

I set my guitar at it's place and smiled playfully at Shiloh Jazz, remembering the time he said it sounded like crap.  True, it kinda did, since it wasn't really branded like his, but I laughed, not remembering the fury I felt when he said that.

And if your asking me if I place Shiloh back in my guitar case after every use, I don't, because as the Sungharish  guitarist or a.k.a Woo Jin says, and I quote: your guitar smells crappy because of the rust, so next time, after done using, don't put it back on its case, because more and more rust will accumulate with the strings, just put it back when you need to, and only if needed to.

So I guess...after that, I seldom placed my guitar back at it's case, happy and surprised that it actually worked.

I scowled, not again.  Damn you Woo Jin, you annoying piece of kelp, why do you keep coming back to my thoughts anyway? Geez, just leave me alone, I don't want to need you, and I don't want to like you, so do me a favor and get out of my heart.  Because seriously, the more I hate you the more these feeling make me feel otherwise.

I sighed...then sunk down in my bed.  Realizing that that might happen after forever ends.  My hand fluttered to my chest, and there in my hand was the necklace that another boy gave...Kyle, he constantly came to mind, and he was nice, in fact, a better person than Woo Jin, but, I don't know if I can tell my heart to feel for him, to even enjoy the passion that he displays for me, or better yet the word to replace passion would be affection, I guess.

I looked at the necklace and smiled as I recounted the day he gave it to me. 

I smiled, it was the last and final day of school, and logical enough I was just excited to go home and probably play with my guitar, but thanks to Kyle, I wasn't able to do those things because by the time I went home, I found myself staring into space, not believing that that just happened.

But anyway, I was walking down the stairs, my bag slinging on my shoulder, and quite baffled as to why Woo Jin was acting like himself again, geez, he wouldn't even look at me to say goodbye, what a kelp, Damn, I hope that when he goes back at Korea he wont ever ever come back.  Like ever.

And then a wave from Kyle distracted my thoughts.  He quickly approached me, oh well, probably he just wanted to walk with me until I head down the stairs.  But no, what he did next shocked me to the core I would've fainted.

He gave me that necklace, saying stuff that my ears couldn't really hear, but one thing was clear, right? He loved me, or at least that's what he said...

He loved me...

He loved me...

He loved me...

And I? do I love him?

I sighed, staring at the wooden heart with a blue crystal like ornament in the center.  It was beautiful actually, this necklace.  And I appreciated his feelings for me.

But, when will it take for me to feel the same way for him when I know it's Woo Jin who owns mine for the time being?

I closed my eyes, singing another song that I made.

Oh and boy, I'm missing you more and more

Everything reminds me of you

Do me a favor and get out of my heart

'Cause I know I ain't getting over you

"Yeah...I know I ain't getting over you..." I whispered, placing my guitar on my lap again.

The End.