Chapter 11: She Will Be Loved

I was standing in front of Xavier Square, and awkwardly, Enz and Woo Jin were also there, either picking at their phones or staring into nothingness.  Nobody was starting a conversation so I remained quiet, but since Enz was Enz, we chatted for awhile until his ride came, he waved me goodbye and I watched his image disappear.  It took me a second to realize that the person who is standing right beside me was Woo Jin.

I swallowed, feeling the atmosphere turn hot and then cold.  And I'm like, damn the weather.  Since it quickly shifted from sunny towards cloudy, making my body try to adjust with the temperature.  Didn't you know that if you get too much of temperature change you can end up getting a flu? Or some kind of heat stroke?

But seriously, I think I already am sick, sick for the person standing beside me, sick for the person who wasn't looking at me anymore and totally sick of this damned boy and his guitar.  But then again, I liked this sickening feeling, y'know, those butterflies on your stomach as they flutter, the series of your heartbeats when they quicken, and that annoying shaky feeling on your knees when your beside the person you like.

I wonder, like painfully wonder, does he feel the same way for me? Nah, I shook my head, slightly embarrassed even if I knew Woo Jin couldn't hear me, who wouldn't be anyway? Here I am saying stuff like I probably admire this boy and before the beginning of it all I remember myself resenting him, resenting even the very core of him, but here I am, saying otherwise, hurting alone.

I bit my lip, and started fidgeting with my fingers like what I always do when I am in an uncomfortable position, and right now, I was uncomfortable, uneasy even.  Geez, I wanted to get out of here asap, I just seriously wanted to, but my ride wasn't here yet, and so was his...then why not-?  Suddenly an idea struck me, why not talk to him while you wait for your rides? You'd be able to take that awkward atmosphere away, and you'll get to talk to him.

I glanced at him, flashing a smile that probably looked stupid.  I then twisted my head to the side, my cheeks burning, Damn it, why am I so enthusiastically crazy sometimes?

I laughed to myself, rather loudly, and probably Woo Jin was looking at me right now, like What was her problem? But I continued laughing, not understanding myself, I laughed probably to catch his attention I'll admit, but I laughed, mainly because my situation was craziest one ever.  It was awkward, and very uncomfortable at probably both our sides, but I didn't care, laughing always helped ease the tension for me.

Slowly, that easy atmosphere dispersed as quickly as it came, and just like before, the awkward silence came back, making me bite my lip nervously.  It was then that it dawned upon me that the laughing stunt I pulled off, was extremely idiotic.

I closed me eyes and exhaled, shaking my head like can you believe my guts?

"Adriel, I can see that you're suffering and tormenting yourself," My shoulder devil murmured rather slyly.

I rolled my eyes, "Mind your on business," I replied mentally, now glaring unto the road in front of me.

"Yeah, leave her alone, so far, she's already made a total fool of herself," My shoulder angel said, folding her arms like she was my mom, not to mention, her lips were pursed.

I let my head hang, wow, even to my shoulder angel that laughing stunt I pulled was technically ridiculous.

My shoulder devil scoffed, "And that's because she was listening to herself only, Adriel dear, listen to me and you'll be able to get Woo Jin's attention alright."

"But-!"

I sighed, cutting my shoulder angel from what she was gonna say.  "What for? Tell me, does he even feel the same? If not, then I wont waste my time flirting, and if yes, I'll still not waste my time flirting."