1. Moving In

Hayley

"I feel like I'm going to burst any second," I squealed and wrapped my arms around Luna.

Luna has been like a sister to me, despite the fact I do actually have a younger sister, Kaylee. Yeah, that's what my parents named us. Hayley and Kaylee.

Kaylee's still in college, and as much as I love her, she'll always be my annoying little sister. But Luna, she's my rock. She's always been my anchor, from when I cried about deaths in TV shows to when I cried about boys and how I wanted to kill them. She's seen it all.

Right now, hugging her in our new, albeit completely empty apartment is an inexplicable feeling. My heart is pounding in my chest and I can barely breathe.

"It's finally happening, I. Cannot. Even." She shrieked like a true fangirl.

We had dreamed of living together and braiding each other's hair and the whole charade ever since we could comprehend what braiding meant. Our wildest fantasy was now real.

Luna repealed from the hug and sighed, "The landlord said Elaine moves in next week and that cute Indian dude, Kabir will be over tomorrow."

"Oh Looney, you should totally do him," I giggled and my usual trash brain running awry.

Very firmly, my sensible Luna who is totally a better adult than I am, said, "Hayles, none of this nonsense here, okay? We've to live with these people for god knows how long and I'm not complicating this by banging that very hot Kabir."

Her sensibilities dwindled as she definitely thought about that shirtless picture of him we found on Instagram while doing a background check. We had been in contact with him, and obviously Luna was in charge because I can barely reply to my work messages.

She had been talking to him back and forth, mostly about roommate ground rules and I'm sure she said something stupid to make him think we're nuns.

I, for one, do not believe in this chastity and virginity bullshit. Sex is literally the best ride in the amusement park but everyone keeps scaring you. So let me tell you, don't be afraid and ride on.

Luna, on the other hand, is rather quiet in this department. I secretly think she might be a wild minx behind closed doors, but I think I'd know if that was even remotely true.

We plopped down across each other on the bare light brown wooden floor of the living room, our legs criss crossed.

I didn't remember the room as being this airy and bright. It had three clean cream coloured walls and a giant window that was also a sliding door, which led to our tiny balcony. Outside the balcony was a park with yellow and red swings and tall lavender trees. There were no curtains, no furniture, just empty sockets, lights and air conditioning. We were free to paint the empty canvas on our whims, and also the whims of 3 others.

The 4 of us, me, Luna, Kabir and Elaine decided that us three girls would share the master bedroom and do whatever we like with it. Kabir and whoever joins us later could use the second. We weren't going to have any privacy, but I will totally kick the girls out when I need some.

The third room, we thought, we'd turn into a junk food and alcohol storage, and of course, a place to party. We decided to pool in money and buy supplies to turn the last bedroom into a designated party and gaming room. When the living room and kitchen area would be occupied with other residents, one of us could have people over in that room. I was quite proud of pushing this plan.