13. Luna

It took me a while to pick someone to play Luna because I love her too much, nobody fit how pure she is. This is as close as I could come. Suggestions are more than welcome :)

Presenting Young Anne Hathaway as Luna Beaufort

**

Hayley, 7:12 pm: hey, I'm running late. will you see me at the Spaghetti Kitchen at 8?

Luna, 7:15 pm: But I'm already at home. Do we really have to?

Hayley, 7:15 pm: uhm, that's the thing. we have to. I was going to tell you this in person but there's no way I'd make it on time, Maria called me back to work to finish up some stuff.

Hayley, 7:17 pm: okay so, Derek's here. he wants to have dinner. this is terrible timing but I think you should come.

Luna, 7:17 pm: Derek? Our Derek fucking Williams?

Luna, 7:18 pm: Oh. Well, I'd like to meet him. It'd be okay to catch up, I guess? See you there.

Hayley, 7:18 pm: haha, yeah, that very one. thanks Looney, love you xx

Derek. Hayley. Me. Having dinner together? It was a little surreal but I couldn't say no. It had been almost six years since we last were actually close and everything should've been smooth by now, considering the time span. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Just a day after I screamed at Hayley about stealing my kiss. I tried to be mature enough and we got over it, all that while ago but seeing him again was going to bring up feelings and I wasn't ready.

Elaine wasn't around to reassure me, it was her first day checking out the campus and going over her timetable at school. She must've gone out with her colleagues, I texted her to check.

Luna, 7:25 pm: Hey, when will you be home?

Elaine, 7:36 pm: Sorry, I didn't see the message earlier. I should be around by 8-8:30. Catching up with the other teachers.

Luna, 7:36 pm: I thought so. I'm going out to dinner with an old friend. Hayley's coming along. See you at night, roomie.

Elaine, 7:37 pm: Okay, roomie. See you.

I internally cringed at the fact that I just called Elaine roomie. Trying to seem casual didn't work out well for me. Deciding to ditch all this thinking, I went to the kitchen where Kabir was dragging Jess away to work and left me with groceries to put away.

Luna, 7:52 pm: Running late. See you in 25.

Hayley, 7:55 pm: already here, Derek should be around soon too. get your ass here, fast.

I quickly did what needed to be done around the house and changed into a decent outfit. I wore a pink blouse with a light denim jacket and black leggings. Grabbing my purse, I was ready and out sooner than I thought.