III

Unforeseen Bonds

Obito flinched violently, glaring at Naruto with the appearance of a trapped animal. Obito's heartbeat sped up as he stared at the child hiding under an illusion (he did not know that). Obito looked as though he was beginning to hyperventilate.

"How did you know?" Obito screeched.

"You are too obvious," Naruto replied with a click of his tongue.

"Tell me!" the Uchiha growled in annoyance.

"You basically told me that you were on the team of Namikaze Minato with Hatake Kakashi and Nohara Rin. I just connected the dots. Besides, you just proved the theory," Naruto replied, amusement shining in his eyes.

Obito paled. He did not think that he had muttered that aloud. Who would have thought that he of all people, would end up exposing his identity? He scowled at his own idiocy, preparing to call Zetsu to fix the problem and wipe the memory of the raven-haired teen before him.

"So you hate Namikaze Minato?" Naruto asked to reconfirm what he had figured out.

"Of course! I hate Konoha on the whole!" Obito said, confused by the fact that the strange teen who somehow had his sharingan was asking such a question.

'Is this teen not a Konoha nin?' Obito asked himself curiously.

Naruto frowned, "I would honestly rather not be a shinobi of Konoha, though I do not have much of a choice in the matter."

Obito was about to further interrogate the boy, but he was pushed out of the mind of the jinchūriki by Naruto before he could say more.

"I believe that I will see you soon, Obito," Naruto said simply when he finally found out how to remove the control Obito had on the Mizukage while just finding out that the Mizukage was a jinchūriki.

Naruto made eye contact with the body of the Mizukage, pushing chakra from his eyes which invaded the older boy's chakra system. Naruto easily wrested control from Obito before releasing the Mizukage from his own control. Naruto kept the Mizukage under a sharingan genjutsu such that Obito could not attempt to control the boy again.

Naruto dropped the illusion that hid his form just as the eyes of the Mizukage, who Naruto now remembered was called Karatachi Yagura, snapped open.

"What the hell," Yagura grumbled as he rubbed his temples.

Yagura looked disoriented as he looked around in search of Obito, whose eyes was the last thing he remembered seeing.

"What do you remember?" Naruto asked Yagura when he noticed the confusion rolling off the older boy.

"A weird Uchiha with a strange sharingan," Yagura said dully.

"Then..." Yagura wracked his head, "Oh no. I almost caused a civil war in Kiri!"

Naruto sighed, 'So Yagura did remember what happened.'

Yagura turned to Naruto with a grateful smile, "Thank you so much. I will forever be in your debt."

Naruto felt awkward as the older boy kneeled at his feet. Naruto waved Yagura off, a light blush of embarrassment dusting his cheeks.

"I just happened to be nearby," Naruto said dismissively.

Yagura seemed to ignore what Naruto had said, rising to his feet and asking, "How may I repay you?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow.