Chapter 1

(Picture is of Serenity)

*Please note, in my story, I will not exactly follow the plot of the story, I am going to have Lyria be alive, like she never got taken, also this is from a pegasus' POV*

I let a long sigh, as I walk farther away from the unicorns. I like the unicorns, but sometimes I just want to have some time to myself. I end up in a jungle, vines surrounding me. I smile a horsey smile and munch on some grass.

Let me tell you about myself, i'm not exactly like the other unicorns, I have wings and a horn, so does my mate, Prince. I don't really like the elves because I don't trust them, they could be dangerous, and some of them pester us and try to keep us like we are their pets.. Unicorns are already cautious because of the monculi trying to take our horns.

I hear a light flapping in front of me. I pin my ears and look up. It's some elves, there are three of them. One of the girls has brownish red hair, and the other girl has bright pink hair. The one boy has bluish black hair, he is the prince.

The one with red hair says, "Look, it's a unicorn!" "Can't you just leave me alone," I say. This is my spot for relaxation, can't they stop pestering me?

"Well you don't own the jungle," The elf with pink hair says. I let out a snort. Then my eyes widen, "You can understand me?" I exclaim. "Yeah..." she replies. I snort, trying to show that I want to be alone. They don't quite pick up on what i'm trying to tell them. I slightly open my wings, getting ready to run and fly away if I needed to.

They stop in their tracks. "She has wings!" "Whoahhh..." They ogle. "Do you think she's like Onchao?" Onchao? The golden foal? I don't understand how the foal says with them. Is he being held captive by them? I hope not...

They talk to each other and exclaim their curiosity. I make my move, thankful that they are distracted, and gallop away. I let out a sigh, that was close, what if they had taken me? That would be really bad. I go back to the ferngrass herd, and lie down.

I make sure no one is looking, when I see no one is, I lift my wings and look down at my stomach. It is slightly swollen. I sigh. I don't know how to tell Prince, i'm scared he will be angry. I need to tell him... Nobody but him can know, not yet at least, for now, because i'm not too big yet, my wings can cover my bump. Rose, my best friend who is a little older than Prince, is the only one who knows. She has her own foal named Rahn, he is quite the firecracker, I don't know how she deals with him.

Why don't I want anyone to know? Because i'm young. The unicorns frown upon foals being born, when the mother is very young. Prince is not as young as I am, he is a few years older, so it wouldn't be bad for him... That is why I am extra careful around elves, because I don't want anyone to harm me and my unborn foal.

Rose walks over to me. "You need to tell him, Serenity" She says. "I know, i'm just scared. I'll tell him tomorrow." She lightly nods her head in approval. I'm glad she understands, and doesn't feel weird around me because i'm pregnant.

I lay my head down, my eyelids feeling heavy. Prince walks over to me, and lies down beside me. I drift off, thinking about how I am going to tell him.

Sorry this chapter is so short! Please comment about how you think this story can improve...

What do you think Prince's reaction will be when Serenity tells him?