Chapter 2

(Picture is of Rose)

I anxiously pace around the field, thinking of ways to tell Prince.

"Hey Prince, i'm pregnant"

"Prince, we are going to have a foal"

I let out an angry half scream. Rose laughs a little but tries to hide it. I lightly glare at her. Prince walks in, and Rose immediately goes quiet, and quickly trots away.

Prince weirdle looks at her, then at me. "You said you wanted to talk to me?" "Uh- I- uh... yeah"

"Okay... So what did you want to tell me?" "I'm- I-I...We..." I stutter, completely loosing what I wanted to say. "What? I don't understand you?" He says with curiosity. "I-I... I'm pregnant," I whisper. He looks confused for a second. Then his eyes widen. "Are you sure?" He asked rushed. I nod, dropping my head. "For how long?" He asks. "4 weeks." "Does anyone else know?" "Rose does." He nods slowly. "A-are you angry?" "What? No! Of course not!" He yells. "Thank you! I was so scared!" "I would never be angry at you for something like this!" He wraps his head around my neck, and spreads his wings around my body, hugging me.

When he lets go, I slowly lift up my wings. He nuzzles my stomach, an astonished and amazed look on his face. Right then, Melody walks by. Hey eyes go from Prince, to me, to my stomach. Her eyes widen, and she run back, probably to the other unicorns to tell them, because is one person knew, it was encouraged if they told the others, especially with Melody. She is a total gossiper. We run after Melody, trying to get her to not tell, but we lost her. When we go back to the field where the ferngrass herd stays, they all look at me, but soon look away. When I walk over to Lance, my brother, he looks at me, slightly disappointed, but not saying anything bad. The other unicorns raise their heads up high, looking posh, and walk away from me. My eyes glass over. I run out of the field, and to the bank of a pond. I lie down and let the tears drip down my face. I look at my stomach, I won't let anyone hurt my foal. I don't care about what the others think, they can buzz off.

Prince didn't come to the pond that night, he knew I wanted some alone time. He wasn't as shamed, because he was older, like i mentioned before. I sigh. Across the lake I see the three elves I saw before, they were playing around having fun. I learned that the pink haired one was Mia, the red head was Yuko, and the blue-black haired one was Mo. They also had Onchao with them, as well as his mother Lyria, Melody's sister. Lyria and Onchao look so happy together, she is a good mom. I get up, trying to be quiet. I look at them again. They seem to be having fun together, maybe they really did like the elves, maybe I will try to be nicer to them, but until I can really see that they are nice, that day is not soon.

I glance at them one more time, and see that Lyria noticed me. She saw my wings, and my stomach. The elves looked in the direction and saw me too. I looked away, and trotted to the jungle, one of my favorite spots. I lie down again, and shut my eyes, hoping that this time, I wont be disturbed by the elves.