Chapter 5

Sorry it took so long for me to update! I have lots of school work going on, so I can't update very often, but i'll try my hardest... Enjoy!

(Picture is of Misty)

-----------------------------------------------

I get up as fast as I can, but it's hard, because it hurts so much. Prince helps me up, nudging me towards the cave. I look behind me and see Lyria. Onchao is not with her, he is probably still playing with the foals. I enter the cave, walking down the little hill to the lake. The water unicorn appears. Greeting me with a nod, and a short neigh.

She summons the large golden shell. When it comes to the shore, it opens. I step onto it and lie down. It moves away from shore, I panic, and try to get up. The water unicorn stops me. I nervously look around, making eye contact with Prince. He looks nervous too, which doesn't sit well with me.

The shell closes. I suddenly feel the urge to push. I crane my neck and push as hard as I can, but it hurts so much. I try pushing again, breathing heavily. Again, I push. "I can't do it," I whisper to myself. It hurts so badly. Tears leak out of my eyes. 

I close my eyes. I remember the unicorns ignoring me, shunning me. I remember Melody making fun of me, calling me weak, dumb. I remember when I was a little foal, and being accepted into the herd. I thought I couldn't do it, but still tried, and ended up jumping through the hoop perfectly. Determination sparks in my mind.

I push with all my might. I feel a terrible pain, then a little burst. The pain withdraws. A bright golden light illuminates the shell, as well as the rest of the cave i'm sure. I pick my head up, and look beside me, towards at my foal.

She has light turquoise hair, a white body, just like me and Prince. She has big white wings, and pink stripes on her body. She is absolutely precious.

The shell began to move again. The top slowly began to open as it reached the bank. I stood up, exhausted yet wide awake. Our foal slowly slowly opened her eyes, and stood up on shaky legs. I made sure she was out of the shell, before I got out myself.

I look up to see Prince looking at our foal. I smile. He looks over at me and wraps his neck around mine.

"What are we going to name her?" Prince asks. I take a minute to look at her. "Misty," I say. He smiles, "It's perfect." We walk up the hill, Prince first, me following, and Misty stumbling right by my side.

We exit the cave, and begin walking to the field. I look at Misty, she is so beautiful. It's so crazy to think that Prince and I created her. I smile as I look back up to Prince. He looked at us, his eyes shining with pride. He never took his eyes off Misty.

We reach the field, and, because I am so exhausted, I just plop down. Misty lays down next to me. I look at her eyes flutter shut.

"She's perfect," Prince says amazed. "Yes she is, just like her Daddy," I smile. I see movement out of the corner of my eye. My head snaps towards it, ready to take action if it threatened my foal. I hear more rustling, before Lyria steps out of the bushes. I sigh in relief, I can see Prince relax also. Lyria walks over to us. "How do you feel?"She asks. "Great, just knocked out," I reply. "I remember when I gave birth to Onchao, he was up and running right away," She reminisces. I gaze down at Misty. "She's beautiful, you did a good job," she complements. I smile up at her. "Be good to Mommy," she whispers to Misty, before walking away. Pride swells in my chest when I hear her call me her mom, it feels so good to have her be our creation, our masterpiece.

As I look down at Misty, I suddenly, I hear a very loud squeal. I look to where it's coming from, and see Rose barreling towards me. My eyes widen, and Prince's instincts kick in. He pins his hears and quickly steps infront of us, blocking us from Rose. She stops in her tracks and sasses Prince, "Geez Dad, no need to be so harsh, i'm here to see my niece!" She prances around Prince, and over to me. "Oh my go-" "Shhhhhhhhh," Prince hisses glaring at Rose. "She's sleeping" I explain to Rose. "Right... She is so cute! I can already tell how sweet she is going to be!" Rose gushes. I playfully roll my eyes at her. "Oh my gosh! She totally has Prince's eye's.... and......" I didn't even know that Rose was still talking, as my eyes began to flutter shut.

Prince looked down on me, and gestured for me to sleep. "Oh, right, your probably tired... ill see you soon Serenity," She sheepishly said. "Wha? Oh, yeah, bye." I say, before a peaceful darkness consumed me.