Chapter 4

(I couldn't get the picture of Melody up, if you look up Lavera from Mia and me, you should see her)

I trudge out of the pond, shaking off my hair as I go. Rose and I had gone swimming.

The unicorns had mostly gotten over my going to have a foal. They really only act strange about it for a month or so. Now I am 9 months pregnant, and ready to give birth any day.

Today, Rose and I are going to meet Onchao and Lyria. I'm curious to see what they are like.

-------------------------------------

Lyria walks into the field, followed by Onchao. The unicorns swarm around her, asking her questions about Onchao. I glance up at them. I graze on the fresh juicy grass. I hear the clicks of hoofs. I look up to see Prince. He nuzzles my neck, then my stomach. He is very excited. I'm scared. He stands next to me and watches Lyria, also curious about Lyria and Onchao.

I was surprised when I saw Lyria walking towards me, Onchao still hanging back a little with the other unicorns, playing with the foals. "So, how have you been?" Lyria asks. "Um-good I guess," I nervously look around the crowd of unicorns, I see Melody, glaring at me, her eyes flickering between me and Lyria.

"You know the elves are not really that bad," She deadpans. "I'm sure some of them are not, but you can never be too careful." "Do they force you to stay with them?" I ask, I had been wondering this for a while. "What! No, of course not. I chose to go with them. Mia saved me from being captured by snakes and getting taken, her and her friends are very nice." I nod. I still will wait to trust them.

I look back out at the others, Melody looks at me again, and stalks over to me. She sneers at me, "What are you doing talking to my sister," "Uh- I-i'm just talking to her." "yeah whatever, I don't really care, you shouldn't be here, you don't belo-" "Thats enough Melody," Prince cuts her off. "I think you should leave," he says bluntly. "Oh," she bats her eyelashes, "I was just saying tha-" "Leave." She glares at me, then walks away. Rose and I exchange looks, I don't understand how she can be sisters with Lyria, there so different. "Serenity, you shouldn't listen to her, she doesn't know what she's talking about," Lyria says, looking at me with pity.

Not feeling anymore in the mood to socialize, I quickly say my goodbyes to Rose and Lyria, then walk off. I lie down at the pond by the cave. Prince walks to me and stands above me. "Are you alright?" "I'm fine, it's just annoying that she judges so quickly, I mean, she isn't perfect."

He  nods his head. "She just doesn't see how great you are, like I do" he says, rubbing his nose on my mane.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I let out a loud pained neigh, stretching out my neck. It's happening...