Chapter 2

Who was this guy? The question kept repeating in my head. I had a lot of thoughts in mind.

Hunches.

Assumptions.

I didn’t even know him, then why should I keep thinking about him? Yeah, he made me look like a fool in front of my principal on the very first day.

But that’s not a big deal right? I just have to let go. I mean I'm new here, pranks and bullying on new students is normal. Why don’t I fucking forget it?

What happened to your pride?’ my conscience questioned me.

That bitch.

The guy was hot anyways. Maybe he could be forgiven for his hotness.

Really? Who’s the bitch now?

Argh, my inner voice is killing me. I don’t know whether it’s even possible to fight with oneself, but I'm pretty much used to it. All this was getting on my nerves so I decided to push those thoughts away.

Finally first day of school was over and everyone started scurrying back home. It was really not my day but it wasn’t that bad. At least I can be happy with the fact that I found some new friends and collided with a hot guy.

It’s not something that happens first day of school, especially to me. You’ll get to see it only in cliché movies. You know, the hero and heroine one day one of school. I know he was just some random stranger but I can't deny the fact that he was hot.

Okay, I need to stop thinking about him for now.

I started walking to where Trudy’s Chevy was parked. I spotted Ben waiting there and waved at him.

“What’s that face?” Ben asked as I approached him.

 “Huh?” 

“What’s with the ‘Fuck life’ face?” Ben questioned.

‘Fuck life’ face? Really? I was just thinking about the day, I don’t remember grimacing or showing any emotion.

“Nothing, I just wanted to hide my happy face from everyone” I said with dripping sarcasm and grabbed the keys from his hands to unlock the car.

He shook his head in disapproval and climbed in the driver’s seat, while I took the passenger seat.

I just hate not being able to drive. I’m literally forbidden to drive. I don’t have a car or even a licence. My parents won't allow me to drive a car. So I always had to depend on someone else. I just shook my head at the thought and stared out of the window.

The ride home was silent. Neither of us opened our mouths, which is definitely an unusual sight. Trudy opened the door for us. She enquired about first day of school. I answered uninterestedly and went upstairs to get a shower.

A lot of thoughts struck my mind like lightning, once the warm water hit my naked body. The memories of the rude conversation crossed, followed by the encounter with the hot guy.

I didn’t know his name so I decided to use the word ‘hot’ as prefix to the common name guy. There was nothing wrong in it, he was actually beyond hot.

I should actually be hating him, instead I find myself complimenting and day dreaming about him. What is wrong with you, Veda?

Once my assuming process was over, I wrapped a towel and stepped out of the bathroom. I took my iPhone and sat on the bed. I called Bets but she didn’t answer.

I got frustrated and started playing Temple Run. It was one of my favourite games. I used to play it whenever I want to get my mind off something. I was so into the game that I didn’t notice someone opening the door.