Chapter 7

I present you all with a brand new chapter! I hope you guys will like it. Enjoy guys :D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

‘He’s gonna kill me and bury me in the woods and no one will be able to find out’

‘Or maybe I can turn into a vampire!’ I rejoiced in my mind.

The logical part of my brain was shouting all available cuss words at me for not screaming and running to save my life. The other part, the dumb and crazy one, was having a party and I was having a hard time trying to think straight.

Minutes passed which felt like hours and we were still in the same position. I stared into those beautiful red eyes and it almost pushed me into a trance. I slowly tried to withdraw my extended hand but Alex was quicker. He dropped my hand and came closer, so close that his head was bent down such that his lips were brushing against my neck. His close proximity was giving me a lung disease along with weak knees.

A nervous shiver went down my spine and my subconscious was shouting at me to run, but I was in no state to move a muscle. I tried to wriggle free but he held my hips with those strong arms of his.

I suddenly got a déjà vu sensation as the memories of Austin’s party flooded my mind. This was the exact replica of our first meeting. I didn’t want that to repeat again, never.

I wanted to shout, but I couldn’t form a sentence. I internally cringed at all the possible ways I could die in Alex’s hands. Where was Adam when I needed him? Has he dozed off in the janitor’s closet? If so, God please wake him up. I don’t want to die yet.

Just as I mustered up every ounce of strength and readied myself to push Alex off of me, he exhaled deeply and loosened his grip. The carbon-di-oxide his nostrils exhaled on the pores of my skin, gave me Goosebumps. Don’t mind that, I start speaking in science whenever I get nervous. 

Alex slowly backed away and I grabbed my chance to turn on my heels. But before I could sprint off from here, he spoke.

“Veda, you don’t have to be afraid of me”

Slowly, dramatically and hesitantly, I turned around to face a normal Alex. His fangs had disappeared and the red in his eyes were gone.

“I would never hurt you, never” he promised. I tried to read his eyes and all I could decipher was honesty.

“Uh…you-uh..really-you-” I stammered not knowing what to say. Yeah, my mind was a total mess.

“Yes, I’m a vampire.”

“I knew it!” I exclaimed with newfound enthusiasm. I don’t know whether I was bi-polar, so don’t give me a look.

“Shush, keep it low. I don’t want anyone else to know” he whispered.

I nodded and whisper shouted a ‘yes’.

He chuckled and shook his head in a disapproving way when I did a victory dance.

I have no idea how I became so clam in a matter of seconds. This guy could kill me in a blink of an eye, but here I was rejoicing the fact that my dream came true.